Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thinks she can come over here and screw up my house. well, she prolly will. 4 of 6 landfall models predict her to come onshore about 40 miles south (which is how far the coast is) and 20 miles east of my town. if this holds true, the eye may pass right thru here or very damn close. my house is already boarded up and tomorrow im heading to abeline, and then possibly denver (depending on how severe the strike is). so, good luck to any who are in its path, and we'll be seeing you around.....i might even get some aftermath pics up after a few weeks....

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
i thought u were referencing that madtv skit. no wait, thats rosa huh

"That stupit skanky slut rosa!"

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
It's a damn good thing you're not staying... I stayed in Biloxi during Katrina. Um, that was a mistake. If the city you live in takes a direct hit, expect to not have power for at least 2 weeks.

Good luck with your house, man.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
we're having a hurricane party tomorrow... theyve told everyone east of hwy 35 to leave, or so im told. but im about 10 miles to the west of that, so we're not in the mandatory evacuation. that was as of wednesday though, i dont know if that info has changed... but even if it becomes mandatory, we're staying. id rather be in my house than in my car, 20 feet from my house :dodgy:

yeah, traffic is really f'in bad. people have been in their cars for 24 hours and still havent made it to a safe place from the storm. in some places its pretty much stopped because of people running out of gas on the road and every gas station on the gulf coast is out of gas...

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Here in Chicago we really don't get really bad weather,the occasional tornado,or snow storm but that's about it. Is all the bad weather a sign of the Apocolypse?

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
'yes

·
Registered
423 Posts
Meh I'm not evacuating Houston... It's gonna be bad traffic the whole time and people are gonna be stuck in traffic while the hurricane is going and have nowhere to go. I'm glad it's a category 4 now though instead of a 5

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
well my local news is saying hat at the minimum we are going to have 65mph winds and 28-30 inchs of rain where i am at and i live in a flood zone so i will be headin out
dont know where i am goin
but i am goin somewhere

and gas is fixin to go through the ****in roof too they shut down i think 20 refineries (sp) down on the tx coast

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
nissantunerdude said:
and gas is fixin to go through the ****in roof too they shut down i think 20 refineries (sp) down on the tx coast

9 refineries get shut down gas spikes a $1 + 20 shuts down....

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, we evacuated....taking farm roads and whatever we could, but omly got 140 miles inland in 14 hours. we stopped at a pizza hut for dinner and cayght the current forcast model (it was on the tv) and it said it was turning towards port arthur, so we decided to turn around and come back home. im about 150 miles from port A, maybe more, so i seriously doubt we'll even get much rain.

im here to tell you all, it was a freaking nightmare on the roads....i think the cops made it worse than it had to be in some instances, but helped a lot in quite a few others. if you think there aint any gas in south texas...there aint any in morth texas either, we were lucky enough to find a station that had some in Cameron (where we turned around). the thing that really blows for all those poeple is that when i passed through columbus on my way north it was extremely packed, and on my way back south, it was even worse. i saw a lot of the same people still sitting in the gas stations that were there when i had passed thru 10 hours earlier.

every street, parkinglot, grassy/dirt area was completely jammed up. if there wasnt a semi truck in front of me when i went back thru, i doubt anyoine would have moved out of the way. it was like a horrible nightmare out there....just like in the movies when peiople evac....cars making a 6 or 7 lane one way road out of a 2 country road. i had to drive thru the ditch a few times just to get around them. it was a prking lot for over ten miles long south from columbus.

anyways...here i sit at home, hoping it rains at least some, we havnt had anything signifigant in over 4 months...i hate brown grass...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts