Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Law
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen in my life. Will be going to see "Ted" next week because the trailer looked pretty good. Trailer below.

Ted (2012) -- Official Trailer Unrated HD 720p - YouTube

Was also given the name of a great movie/tv watching websites today. You can find movies just released to theaters on there. Both .eu where I guess the laws are different and they aren't taken down. Links below.

Watch Movies and TV Shows Online for Free
Watch Tv Shows Online

Quick story, so at the movies today while I was paying for my ticket I gave the guy a $20. He gave $8 back and held the $.50 cents over a donation can. He accidently? dropped the quarters in before I responded and gave me an odd stare. He told me he could get it out if I waited a minute but I just said no no, not trying to look like a dick. Still messed up though, $12 for a movie.

Just my day. How was yours?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I heard it's just another adam sandler movie

*yawn*
Agreed. No interest in seeing this. His last like what, 5 movies have been, AT BEST, bad. At worst, some of the worst "comedies" made in the 21st century.

·
Law
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed. No interest in seeing this. His last like what, 5 movies have been, AT BEST, bad. At worst, some of the worst "comedies" made in the 21st century.
Even if his last 5 movies haven't been the greatest, maybe you'll think this one is good? I just don't think you should judge a movie before seeing it, especially just because of an actor in it. If you have some free time, find it online so you don't have to pay the 11.50, and then let me know what you think. It was dirty funny though, which you guys might have different tastes.

·
Law
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you found that trailer good? it sent me running the other way.
Actually the one I saw originally was just the last part with the names, but this was the only one I could find. Was kind of turned off of it as well since the entire movie is pretty much predictable after the 3 minute trailer, but I love Mila Kunis so I'll probably end up seeing it anyway.

·
Law
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Watched Ted tonight and honestly it was cute, but not that funny. The couple funny parts were the ones everyone saw 20x already in the trailers and commercials.

That's my boy was wayyyyyyyyyyyy funnier.

Watching Spiderman right now.

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
spiderman was legit

million times better than the last ones they did

they actually made a big deal of it when his uncle dies like it is supposed to be, the webs are a mechanical thing like they are supposed to be and they got his girlfriend correct

and o ya, good plot, good acting and great CG

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
So I'm going to go ahead and say it...The Dark Knight Rises was kind of a let-down. It was good, but not great. It honestly felt like it was over before the story really started picking up, there was just too much in-between time. Batman wasn't a central part of the plot. Hell, Bane didn't even feel like a central part of the plot. Thinking on it, I don't know who or what the central part of the plot was supposed to be; I mean they explored Batman's love affairs a tiny bit, explored Bruce Wayne/Alfred's relationship a tiny, Wayne Enterprises overall impact on Gotham city a tiny bit...it's like they focused on too many great aspects of the Batman universe that the epicness got lost in the shuffle.

The greatest thing about The Dark Knight was the dynamic between Batman and the Joker; it was the "unmovable object meeting the unstoppable force". How far would Batman go to save the ones he loved? THAT was the great dynamic; it just didn't seem like The Dark Knight Rises had that type of dynamic with Bane.

I dunno, I liked it, it was definitely worth the price of admission, it just felt like the storyline was too fractured to be considered epic. Plus, it was really, really hard to hear Bane's voice for half the movie, I literally missed half of what he said. Subtitles would have helped lol.

But, it was filmed in Pittsburgh, so it gets an A+ in my book. Even in retirement, Hines Ward is still scoring touchdowns :D

·
Law
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This turned into the movie thread? ha

I saw half of it online in bad quality and shut it off because I was bored. Went and re-watched the Dark Knight, and saw how much better it was. Thinking about every scene in that movie from basically every line being something important or thought provoking, to the bank heist, ferry experiment, "Skyhook", choosing the love of his life or Gotham's savior to live, half of the guys face being burnt off, the heads/tails and everything about chance and luck, the trials, and even the raw ACTING(especially the Joker) etc. etc. etc.

Basically I didn't really expect the new one to be as good because of how AMAZING the last one was. Trilogy would have been better though, for sure.

On another note, with Heath Ledger's OD death and now the whole shooting incident, Batman seems to cause... trouble.

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
So I'm going to go ahead and say it...The Dark Knight Rises was kind of a let-down. It was good, but not great. It honestly felt like it was over before the story really started picking up, there was just too much in-between time. Batman wasn't a central part of the plot. Hell, Bane didn't even feel like a central part of the plot. Thinking on it, I don't know who or what the central part of the plot was supposed to be; I mean they explored Batman's love affairs a tiny bit, explored Bruce Wayne/Alfred's relationship a tiny, Wayne Enterprises overall impact on Gotham city a tiny bit...it's like they focused on too many great aspects of the Batman universe that the epicness got lost in the shuffle.

The greatest thing about The Dark Knight was the dynamic between Batman and the Joker; it was the "unmovable object meeting the unstoppable force". How far would Batman go to save the ones he loved? THAT was the great dynamic; it just didn't seem like The Dark Knight Rises had that type of dynamic with Bane.

I dunno, I liked it, it was definitely worth the price of admission, it just felt like the storyline was too fractured to be considered epic. Plus, it was really, really hard to hear Bane's voice for half the movie, I literally missed half of what he said. Subtitles would have helped lol.

But, it was filmed in Pittsburgh, so it gets an A+ in my book. Even in retirement, Hines Ward is still scoring touchdowns :D
****warning! spoilers to batman if you have not seen it*****

i think the biggest issue was this one tried to be TOO big, there was just too much going on in it. it was a little bit of a let down the way bane died but also completely in character for cat woman. i think mixing her in was a little much but at least they got her character right, just that she does not care for much beyond herself and a little bit for batman

I really didnt like that bruce wayne was seen as so fragile in this one though, just that he was hurt for almost the whole movie with things that would normally cripple people, if throwing him in that hole of a prison wasnt enough we had to break his back first? and where does the doctor of hole prison get ANY supplies from? i mean really

if banes whole idea was to blow up gothem, why wait that long? i mean if even he is going to die why put it off that long? where was the end game of his plan? I can understand the girl a bit because she is Ra's al Ghul's daughter but even then the league of shadows never seemed keen on suicide to accomplish their ideals

i think there were some plot holes for sure but overall its good. i really appreciated that they brought back scarecrow even though he is there for comedy more than anything and nobody even mentions the Joker? like he just vanishes? the whole movie everyone is "Harvey Harvey Harvey" not even a mention of the Joker?

bat copter....ehh, a helicopter outrunning missiles? i was not so fond of that whole scene, ESPECIALLY because they are bat missiles , you think they would go even faster than normal missiles...

if they go off on the Robin track like the end implies, i could roll with that but im kinda glad they ended it where they did, whats next in the progression? batman space shuttle? and batman saves the earth from moon people?

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
*************************************SPOILERS BELOW********************************************************************

People are going to hate me for saying this, but they either needed to get rid of Bane and play up the Selina/Talia love interest for Batman OR get rid of both Talia and Catwoman and focus on the Bane/Robin dynamics. That's what I think the real problem was; they tried to do two love stories, a supervillian, two sidekicks, and the whole "Gotham fights back" angle. Too much to talk about, not enough to focus on.

Think of it; Bane runs amok, breaks Batman, and it's up to the rest of Gotham City (ie, Robin and crew) to fight back. Batman swoops in at the end, fights Bane in hand-to-hand for the bomb controls, and just barely makes it out of there. Robin is the one who pulls the trigger that KO's Bane, of course. Catwoman and Talia are not in this movie.

Another option; League of Shadows (with a 'mysterious' leader, who turns out to be Talia) comes into town with the bomb, Batman runs into Catwoman through the course of him tracking down the bomb, Batman falls in love with Catwoman and Bruce falls in love with Talia. End of the movie, he has to chose between the two, and yet again, choose between Batman and Bruce, only this time the city doesn't need him as much; they've learned to protect their city without him. Bane is not in this movie; Robin is as a minor character.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts