Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, decided that I didn't feel like buying new wheels/tires, get the transmission serviced (syncros), get the dash replaced (LCD's failing), so instead I decided to go car shopping.

Got me payments again for 4.5 years, but the payments are $20 cheaper a month than the Z was, AND they include ALL my routine maintenance for 5 years. And yes, this car is NEW. When I got in it to take the test drive, it had 21 miles on the odometer. Had to drive around to get one in a color I deemed appropriate with a manual transmission, but this is now what I'm driving (not my actual car, too dark to get a good picture at the moment):

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Hopefully its like the Supra and they have a couple nice engine options available.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only 1 engine. 2.0L flat four designed by Subaru based on the FB engine used in the new Impreza. Produces 200 HP at 7000 rpm mated to a 6-speed manual with the rear wheels driving it.

Nowhere near as purely FAST as the Z was (80 hp less will do that), but it also weighs over 200 lbs less.

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts
my friend is beta testing a full catback system on his FR-S. its not even a production model, we just have ins with a shop who's trying to fabricate one

Only 1 engine. 2.0L flat four designed by Subaru based on the FB engine used in the new Impreza. Produces 200 HP at 7000 rpm mated to a 6-speed manual with the rear wheels driving it.

Nowhere near as purely FAST as the Z was (80 hp less will do that), but it also weighs over 200 lbs less.
more like only one config. period (in canada anyways). not sure if that holds true for the BR-Z too

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts

I should have went with the first post I typed out and lost it.

The rumor is if it sells decently they will have a few options, similar to the supra options. What I really don't understand is why they didn't just release this under Toyota as the FT 86 or Supra. You can go back years and find pretty much the exact car in Grand Tourismo called the FT 86. :hug:

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not bad. My 6'2" coworker can set in it with no issues on headroom. He has issues getting OUT, but then, I have issues getting out too if I can't open the door the whole way.

The way the engine is set in the bay, it would require a COMPLETE rework of the car to do AWD, that was one of the first things the Subaru engineers said when the twins were announced, is that this first gen platform will not have AWD ever because it simply wouldn't be feasible without basically changing the entire car.

If it matters, it does have traction control to help with inclement weather. However, being that I live in the desert, my chances to try it out in inclement weather are...few and far between.

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
So, now that you've had the FRS for a little while, what do you think about it? I got to ride in one at an autocross event and loved how it felt... I wish I could've driven it, though.

I love how they look, too. Put some coilovers on there and bring it down about half an inch and you've got a straight sexy car.

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
Miller, I don't know when the last time you were on was, or when it will be, but if you see this, I'd be curious to know what you think of the FR-S after owning it for a couple of years.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts