Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Coolest toy of All Time-F4 Phantom

I just (in my opinion) got the COOLEST toy of all time. A Warbird collector that was informed of cancer was getting rid of his planes to people he liked. He knew i was into this kind of thing so he would give me a plane. i had to go to work and he said he would swing by with his trailer and drop me off the plane in back behind my barn. When i got home the only thing i saw was the distinctive back fins. I ran around back to see a F4 Phantom. :D :D :D . The left wing is full of holes, the flaps on the right side are frozen, one of the engines has a bent turbine, but other than that she is flight ready. Anyone living around Roswell NM that is interested with helping me fix her up tell me here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics

its to dark right now to take pic but i will have some up As soon as i get my 10D back from canon, (they said they will call as soon as its fixed, i had to ship the fricken thing off to cali.) Im going to order a couple drums of jet fuel so i can power up one engine to see what the cockpit lights read.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
out of those, the MiG 15, no contest, its just such a sweet ass platform and i am a big fan of soviet weapons (find them interesting). my fav. US plane is the fa-18 super hornet, timeless classic

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
f-16 is best IMO. theres a reason its used so much. the F 14 is like the f 15 but able to be used on a carrier. F4s are outdated and id choose a mig 21 over a mig 15 any day. the f 14s are bigger than the f16s and it has 2 engines and not one. still f 16 all the way.

·
Banned
2,855 Posts
The mig-15 is a korean war piece of ****! F-14s are big and gay, I've seen one up close they suk. The F-16 is cool, but I would go with the Phantom man. Classic plane, it kicks ass, I want tos ee pics too. And put a piece of papaer in the photo that says "I am not BSing" then I'll belive you

·
Registered
324 Posts
none of the above. P-47 ownz all. and I would like to see this thing too. What sort of liscence do you need to fly one of these as a civillian?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pics

I am not getting my 10D back from canon for a while, they have to recalibrate my lense and CMOS. But for now i will see if my friend will loan me his laptop so i can put my web cam on it. ill take pics that way.

ALso when i told the story it sounded a little strange when i said

A Warbird collector that was informed of cancer was getting rid of his planes to people he liked. He knew i was into this kind of thing so he would give me a plane. i had to go to work and he said he would swing by with his trailer and drop me off the plane in back behind my barn. When i got home the only thing i saw was the distinctive back fins. I ran around back to see a F4 Phantom.
It wasnt like i didnt know what i was getting it was just a surprise to me to see it. He brought it on this BIGASS Lowboy trailer.

I wonder what kind of lisence i need to fly her?

Im boing to build a runway on my 50 Acres to fly her there once i get training. FAA wont care im in the middle of nowere and i know the Air Traffic Controler at RIA. (Roswell international Airport)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Dude... How are you going to pay for the jet fuel... JP8 I think it is costs a ton... Get some pics though I'm really interested, myself being a future Air Force officer. BTW... I'd take an F-16 anyday. Phantoms are dirty, lol, but thats still cool, I wish I had neighbors like that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dam thats tight gettin a jet and all but I'd take a P-38 lightning from WWII. But thats just me cuz i think WWII planes pwn:D but still you got a Phantom getting one in it self is pretty tight.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts