Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I've read the summary. Looks like a great book, but I just don't have enough free time.

Plus... now that I know they are releasing the MOVIE VERSION next year... not much insentive for me to read it.

Nick

·
Registered
895 Posts
Great book. Angels and Demons is great to. As a matter of fact, all of Dan Brown's books are excellent.

P.S.= Guys, read the book. I used to hate reading until I read that book. It goes at a really fast pace. I finished it in 4 days on top of school and work every day.

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Meh.. I'll get off of my lazy ass and actually use the intarweb for something other than *****ing about movies and sharing ****ography, and look one up.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The Da vinci Code is a book you buy and never read yet you leave out on your coffee table on purpuse when you have guest over so they be amazed by your l33tness

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
It was a required read for a theology course I took, it was good, not my personal favorite, but better then a lot of books I read. It really helps to have a good understanding of theology when you read it though, it has a lot of undertones that relate to advanced biblical studies, especially of non-biblical texts. Da Vinci was a supprisingly brilliant man who's brain worked on so many levels, the fact that he had no formal education really seemed it open the world up for him. thumup:

·
Banned
237 Posts
The fact that he didnt thoroughly study the bible before he wrote this makes for some pretty huge mistakes in the book. He did do a ton of research, I'll give him that, but a lot of things he says in many of his books are simply untrue, not unlike Michael Moore.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
A lot of the things he writes about comes from non-canonical gospels (like Thomas) that arn't in the bible. Gospels that arn't recognized as being true and approved, but are still historical church related documents.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts