Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... Tonight was quite an... adventure you might say. *Warning* Uh...violence and stuff so... uh yea you've been warned

It all started out an hour or two ago. I was walking out of my room and happened to look out the window to see, in my front yard, at the bird feeders, around 20 big black vicious birds, which is unusual around my house. I was home alone cause my parents were at a party, so with nothing else to do I grabbed my camera and put on my shoes. *Note* I live out in the country, so no houses/people around. I opened the door and went out. I was turning on the camera and getting it ready and then when I looked up there were hundreds of those little black devils in my my backyard. It looked like a big moving black ocean. Now a little freaked out, the first thought in my mind, being me, was that they were demons sent to earth and they were after my soul. I looked up into the forest and there were tons more of them flying from tree to tree. So I starting walk toward my garage which is a little ways off on the side of my house. As I walked by they all flew up into the trees. So, I went in my garage, and discarded my camera for a bb gun (rifle w/ scope) and a back up handgun. I went back out but I couldnt get in range of any in my back yard because it's wide open. So I grabbed a stool went in the front and over a little hill so I had a good view of the bird feeder. There were the usual birds: some doves, little brownish grey birds, and little yellow birds (yellow finch I think). So I looked around, lots of those black birds flying in the trees. Then they all flew overhead to the forest to my right, hundreds of them. And some, as I expected, came back to the bird feeder. They landed and started attacking all the other birds there. I was like "Nuh uh" and looked through my scope. They were squirming too much so I gave it a few minutes. Then I had a clear shot. An open passage to put away the evil that has come onto me. I looked through the scope and aimed a little high because I was still quite out of range. Waited for him to stop moving and... All the others birds flew off and black bird didn't move at all. There was a huge whoosh in the forest where the black birds were, it sounded kind of like when it rains really hard. They were gone. After that I never saw even one of them again. I walked up slowly to the feeder. When I was close to it all sorts of birds starting flying up out of no where and just sat on the feeder and power lines around. Even some red cardinals came, which is a little uncommon this time of year. They even let me walk right up to them and they didnt fly off, there were probably about 50 of them there. I made a :dodgy: sort of a face and muttered "Weird..." So I looked down at the bird. Perfect shot right below the neck. It had this huge beak and ,yes, it had large talons. I went and got a shovel and came back. I picked it up and headed for the woods. Even stranger, the birds that came there after I shot it started to follow me as I walked towards the woods. Perhaps I was their savior? Anyway when I chucked it in some bushes they all flew off back to their normal lives. I went back and washed off the bloody shovel. My soul is safe. The End... Whoa Whoa Whoa, I bet you're wondering where these pics are I mentioned in the title are. Well, I dont want to post a picture of a big bloody dead bird on here, so I got a picture of the big bloody shovel instead.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
so you were home alone and ther were a lot of birds in your yard and you shot one....
if you live in the country like you say you do, you should be used to havinga thousands of blackbirds spend a while in your yard...or maybe that's just an Indiana thing.

you have a very wild imigination sir.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah...I didnt bury it...actually just chucked in a bush. But I can get it back...maybe. I showed the pic to my dad and he was like "You shot the bird... and took pictures of the shovel." Looks like I gotta get the proof for everyone now lol. But I've never seen so many around. Perhaps they were spies of Saruman? o_O

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well...I searched and came up empty...not that I was expecting to find it easily, I threw it in a big brushy spot. I was able to get in, and brought my dogs with me too since they like to find deads things and chew on em. I did see a black rock that was roughly the size of a bird lol but I guess that doesnt count. I came up with 3 options.

1. It turned into something else to hide its appearence
2. It came back to life and flew away
3. I looked in the wrong spot

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
^^
or
4. i made the story up. i put red food coloring on shovel. and made everyone read 1/2 their weight in text. :dodgy:
jk
im sure u diddnt make it up

1 - 20 of 22 Posts