Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, someone sent me a link to what I think is one of the funnier eBay auctions I've seen [direct link]:

I was curious about this fascinating service, so I ponied up (or "donkeyed up") a dollar, then sent the seller my phone number and a requested timeframe. As I sat by the phone, eagerly awaiting my donkey call, I felt like a nervous teenager waiting for a call from a first date. What would he sound like? What if he got my answering machine? Would I get a price break if he left me a donkey voicemail?

As it turns out, he never called. He never accepted the dollar I sent him via PayPal, either, but I was still a little upset. I still had the power to **** up his 97.1% positive eBay feedback. All it takes is one dissatisfied donkey buyer, you know.

I sent him an e-mail asking what happened, and he sent me back this response:

To: John Hargrave
Sent: Friday, May 21
Subject: Re: Donkey call

John

I'm sorry I just recieved your payment at 12:15. Normally I am much more acessible, but I am temporary limited to dial-up internet. Since I missed your deadline, I'll compensate you with one free call in addidion to the one you paid for. I will also yell the name of ANY animal, not just donkey. Popular examples include WALRUS, OSTRICH, MONKEY, BUFFALO or ANY OTHER ANIMAL (obscene animals such as cocks or titmice are subject to approval and possibile surcharge).

I will be checking email more regularly, and again I'm sorry about the mix-up.

-Pete

Wow! Now, that's service! An apology, and a free donkey call, to boot! And here I had expected the guy to be an ass. (So to speak.)

So I sent him another buck via PayPal, and waited by the phone as eagerly as Fantasia Barrino waiting for a call from the Domino's delivery guy.

Then, this morning, my cellphone rang. I picked it up. "John Hargrave," I answered.

"DONKEY!!!" screamed the guy on the other end.

It hit me like a freight train of comedy. I mean, even when you're expecting it, you're not expecting it. So many things in life do not live up to the hype, but I'm telling you, the donkey call is pure, uncut comedy. "That was great," I said, wiping the tears from my eyes. "Can I ask you some questions?" I asked, pulling out the interview questions I had prepared, but he had already hung up. The fact that he hung up -- the image of him whisking off to the next important donkey call -- really killed me, and I laughed for another several minutes, until I coughed up a chunk of ham.

I am telling you: he is undercharging for this service. The entertainment of the donkey call is easily worth $1.50, or maybe $1.65. While I'm sure there are firms in India that can provide similar calls for less than a quarter, I admire that the guy can turn a profit. I mean, I doubt the phone company offers a Friends 'N' Donkeys plan.

So now I need to leave him some eBay feedback. I'm planning on it reading something like this:

WOW!!!! EXCELENT DONKEY CALL A++!! GREAT EBAYER!!!! A+A+A+ GOOD COMUNICATION! EXCELENT DICTION! NO PROBLEMS HEERING BOTH SYLABLES, EVEN ON CELL PHONE!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++-++++ PLEASE DISREGARD MINUS IN LAST RATING, IT WAS A TYPO!!!! I MENT TO SAY PLUS! WOULD GLADLY DO MORE DONKEY BUSINESS WITH THIS SELLAR!!! IN SUMMARY, AA++A+A+A+AA++A++A+A++AA+!!

P.S. A++AA+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A++A+AA++A+A+A+!!!!!

i know its kind of pointless, but it made me laugh......so i thought id share it with everyone

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
Donkey!!

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the link doesnt work anymore :( .......but i could so see myself spending an entire paycheck on donkey calls to my friends :rofl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts