Fire modes: 12
Eye: visible break beam
Indication: Chameleon LED
Detent: Spring ball
Inline regulator: Gladiator
Efficiency: 1700+ (68/4500psi)
Operating Pressure: 100psi
More specs available soon.
For years, spool valve paintball markers have been inneficient, slow and unreliable. MacDev have created a new generation spool that is designed to change the way that players view spool valve markers. The Droid spool uses patent pending technology to fire each ball using less air and with faster cycles. This revolutionary spool design has been packed into a highly milled and finished body.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Could the fact that the droid is produced and distributed in another country have anything to do with it getting by with it?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
mac dev has forever held a place in my heart. and now they make the most efficient spooler that is perty damn sexy.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
If I actually played in any tourneys I would definitely max out my credit card on this lol.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
This marker has been the new hot item in the high end market. Becaouse it's new it's getting a little more hype than it diserves... I've heard people bragging about the "no kick", but from what I've seen, it's the same as any spool. Maybe all the people are just used to poppet-vavles like the borgs, idk, its not that amazing.

As for efficentcy, it's not that much better than a quest. Yes it's more than a shocker or dye, but I don't think it's possible to get much worse without a leak in your gun.

With that said, in a year or 2 I plan on picking one up for somewhere around $500.

·
394 Posts
This marker has been the new hot item in the high end market. Becaouse it's new it's getting a little more hype than it diserves... I've heard people bragging about the "no kick", but from what I've seen, it's the same as any spool. Maybe all the people are just used to poppet-vavles like the borgs, idk, its not that amazing.

As for efficentcy, it's not that much better than a quest. Yes it's more than a shocker or dye, but I don't think it's possible to get much worse without a leak in your gun.

With that said, in a year or 2 I plan on picking one up for somewhere around $500.

The real question here is why did you up a dead thread, about a marker you have not used.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
lol it isn't that much better then a quest? nah that isn't saying much at all given quests get excellent efficiency lol.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
The real question here is why did you up a dead thread, about a marker you have not used.
Of course, my bad, upping a thread THAT WAS ALREADY AT THE TOP!! Whatever was I thinking!!! It's not my fault no one's posted in here in a month. I hadn't seen this thread yet so I figured I'd give my 2 cents. And now it's alive again. So their.

Yea kenny, I was just trying to rag on it a little then admit that i want one really baddly. Just pointing out that what it's doing, has been done before pretty much. It's just getting alot of plublicity. lol.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Yeah, I'm trying so hard to find a good deal on a white Droid. And then figure out a way to buy it. While I will say it's nothing REVOLUTIONARY, it's definitely the best gun out there at the moment IMO. Cheaper than a DM8/Ego8, smoother than the Ego, better efficiency than the DM, sexier than 95% of all the guns made. Everything about that gun is quality.

·
Silly Boston Its no Bomb
2,195 Posts

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
If SP doesn't sue them, it's most likely because they're already paying royalties.
Or they're in Australia and its very difficult to enforce patents over borders.

I've never seen or shot a droid. I tend to like stacked tube poppets better than spoolers(my 04 cyborg still shoots very well). But my freestyle shoots tits, its efficiency and reliability aren't too great though. If I had the money for a high end gun like that, I'd get the droid.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts