Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well sometime this week, I'm going to go pick up my ported and clipped 16g Turbo. My car still smokes, so I think it might be my turbo. So why not upgrade? I'm getting a killer deal on it as well, $225.

So tonight I got bored and put my boost controller back on. I was going to turn it up to like 14 or 15psi. Well I turned it up way too much. I did a 0-80 pull, and when I was at WOT in 3rd gear I looked down at my boost gauge and saw it holding steady around 21psi.

Felt like a whole different car. But afterwards I hopped out and turned it way down. I'm hitting about 14-15psi tops and it still feels a lot quicker. I'm stoked for the 16g, but I won't be going past 14psi until I get a datalogger, safc or other tuning, and a new fuel pump. Probably get a 190lph or even just re-wire the stock one for now. Not sure yet. Budget is a huge factor here lol.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Nice. Im starting to take most of my import tricks over to the truck world. Turbo timers, spraying intercoolers, stuff like that. You'd be amazed of the lack of knowlage.

Got a turbo timer? SAFC would deffinatly work, but dont trust a wideaband too much. The guages suck ass.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup I've got a Blitz DCII Timer in the car. I will be setting it to a minute and a half cooldown with the 16g. I want and need it to last. As far as tuning, I'll just be using a logger to start out on.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I've gotta make a thread with all of my automotive questions. I know almost nothing about cars compared to all of you.

For example, I still don't know what a DSM stands for. And I know there are other SM's (I remember 1337 referred to another one of his cars as another thing) but I dont know what those are either.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DSM = Diamond Star Motors. Mitsubishi, Eagle and Plymouth. Basically, the Talon, Eclipse and Laser were all labeled DSMs. Many will argue that in 1995, Mitsubishi bought the whole company. But on reality, any Eclipse or Talon 90-99 is a DSM.

The other car you're probably thinking of is my Mustang, which was a foxbody. Foxbody is pretty much 87-93 but pre-87 had the same body style and could be considered a foxbody was well.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
but dont trust a wideaband too much. The guages suck ass.
you can't be serious? IMO, a wideband is one of the best tools you can use in monitoring what your car is doing. I think you might be thinking of a narrowband a/f gauge, such as an autometer one that is just used for a light show.

I know how that first pull is 1337; I turned my 14b up a bit too much when I got my boost controller installed. 20psi on a 14b is moving. I ran 15psi after that because I had the supporting mods to back it up. If I were you, I'd go DSMlink instead of an AFC. DSMlink gives you more tuning features than the AFC will ever will. But, for basic mods, they'll do just fine.

Just to throw it out here,

57trim>16G

1 - 11 of 11 Posts