Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think its long over due for a revival?

Is it really pratical now that gas is 3.00 dollars a gallon consistantly?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I'm not.

I'm completly not attracted to the idea of waiting for my car to recharge so I can drive it.

But- Charge it at home and work. Right?
We can't even switch to bio-diesel or ethanol it seems, and those don't require the building of the cars, only the production plants and stations. How can anyone expect chargers to be built. I'll bet if it's full you'll be waiting for a long time too.

And where's the power come from? Most likely burning coal, oil, or natural gas at a power plant...we'd still depend on those items.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
The water powered cars are actually simple if you know what your doing. My brother may be trying to get one to work. :ninja: From what I understand its pretty simple just use electrolysis(sp) to convert the water from H2O to HHO.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
current electric cars arent too practical. right now, hybrids get 50mpg. SO, lets say an average of 50 miles a day, so 3$ a day in gas. around 1000$ a year in gas. Or about 3000$ every 3 years...

last time i read into electric cars (like 5 years ago) the batteries they used (which took up the whole trunk) had to be replaced every couple years...... and costed a couple 1000$,....... so it all kinda evens out.

now if someone could think of a power source that didnt burn anything, or use up its power source, that would be a good move. like, use something as your power source that you have an infinite source of and will run forever......... like gravity! design a motor that can convert gravity into speed, a design that will end the need for gasoline, you will be asassinated by a hitman hired by an oil company and your designs will be burned :ninja:

you know someone invented a carburetor that got over 100mpg........ where is it now? good question.......

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Somebody around here who owns a hybrid escape was told a replacement battery would cost $4000 plus the price of installation.

And theh guy who made that carburetor is either very rich and doesnt have to worry about gas, or he was killed shortly after its creation and it was destroyed.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Not really, then the price of water would go up. Unless of course you collected rain water. Which knowing some crazy laws they would prohibit the collection of rain water. :rolleyes:

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
Snowsk5054 said:
I have always thought about water cars.
I figured our government wouldnt let us know about that kinda technology.
I would love a water car. Free fuel lol.
yeah i was trying to spring up ideas about how to make a water fueled car since liek 5th grade

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
car that runs off compressed air?

or..

...nuclear power?

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
yea, it does take electricity to change waters chemical structure, but im sure it takes less to convert it than move a heavy ass car...

itd all be so much easier if we could get our hands on a flux capacitor...:dodgy:

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
You never convert something with perfect results.

So, you take your water. Seperate it with electricy into either hydrogen or brown's gas, then you take that and burn it, creating water again and releasing energy, A good portion of which goes into waste heat. It's the same energy you started with- All you've done is store it and then use it again.

Same with hydrogen. Used in a car its just an expensive way to store energy that was, with the exception of small uses of nuclear, wind or solar power, created by burning the same fossil fuels that you were trying to avoid using.

Free energy doesn't exist.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts