Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, fellow Star Wars geeks...discussion time...
So, apparently George Takei has been given a role in Ep7 as a member of the Jedi High Council, and, as we all know, Mark Hammil, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford have all signed deals to be in the movie.
Now, with that said, my assumption is that it will take place within their respective characters lifetimes, but, if the Jedi were eradicated, how is it possible to even HAVE a Jedi high council?
I. Must. Know.

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, George fooled me.

However...

The legitimacy of my question remains. You know they're going to try the obligatory and terrible "High Council" crap. My question is, in theory, Luke would be the oldest Jedi alive and he would have to train up a new generation, correct? How, if that's the case, would it be possible to even have a council of elders...huh? Explain that, Mr. Abrams.

I suggest they go along the lines of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. That would be an interesting story to tell...

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
Nope, George fooled me.

However...

The legitimacy of my question remains. You know they're going to try the obligatory and terrible "High Council" crap. My question is, in theory, Luke would be the oldest Jedi alive and he would have to train up a new generation, correct? How, if that's the case, would it be possible to even have a council of elders...huh? Explain that, Mr. Abrams.

I suggest they go along the lines of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. That would be an interesting story to tell...
not that I follow all the many generations of star wars things, but at least it could be assumed that if yoda, Obi....and whoever the 3rd was, got out of it alive, there may be others as well

but i do think you have a good point, however without the jedi the story would kind of fall apart

·
Stripper Supporter
1,199 Posts
Well, they should still have Luke right? I wouldn't be suprised if they make Han and Leya (Idk how to spell that) have some kid with Jedi powers, and I also wouldn't be too suprised if they made Leya out to have powers too.

As for the council, it's pretty obvious that there can not be one unless something magically happened since episode 6? We were actually just talking about this at work the other day (ironic). It would probably be something similar to what Yoda did with Luke. That is if they go along with the Jedi story line, or if they try to rebuild the Republic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts