Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm supprised seeing as how it's several days past christmas, and a few weeks after the release date that there hasnt been a thread on this, but I guess I'll give it a start.

Been playing the 360 all day today and all I can say is WOW.

Started playing Quake 4, jaw dropped. Graphics are amazing. Probably doesnt hurt that it's on a 50+ inch HDTV. The game reminds me alot of Doom 3, infact they are pretty much the same damn thing. Only this looks like Doom 3 played on a top of the line console rather than how it looked on a modest origonal Xbox. Sounds, gameplay, controls, all great for this game.

Ok, so after dicking around with Quake for a few hours I was in the mood to try something new. 20 mins later and EB games with some fresh cash in thier register and I had Kameo. Now I know it looks a little childish in the commercials, but it's not. ............. Ok, it is, but it's damn cool anyways. It's pretty much the same thing as Zelda for N64 except with amazing graphics and sound. Pretty much the same story line, easy to get hooked on and damn fun. I played it for a couple hours straight when usually I cant stand more than 45 mins of straight gameplay. The fighting is very unique and it's fun morphins into a new monster for differant sittuations. Not a dire hard RPG, but a fun play.

After this I literally cant wait for Morrowind and the New Ghost Recon. More so for Morrowind. After seeing this machine in action Morrowind will be godlike.

As for the actual 360, I had no problems, got the "better" one and it's sweet. Cordless controller feels awsome adn not heavy and bualky at all like most for the origonal Xbox. Going out to get a headset tomorrow to setup Live so I can shoot some 12 years olds in Quake that have far better reflexes than me. That should be a ball..

* For more game info, I highly suggest Star Wars Battlefront 2 for both regular Xbox and the PSP. Great fun.

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
I can't stop playing mine. CoD 2 is soooo much fun, as a matter of fact, I'ma play it now.

And ya the "better one" is the full computer pack, I got that one too, I <3 how nice the wireless controllers work sooo well.

EDIT: Wait, did you get the pack I did? Mine came with the hardrive, and all the excessories and wireless controllers, dvd remote, hardrive, Xbox Live, ethernet cord, etc?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some have glitches, mine doesnt.

Dont hate until you have played one. I did the whole "WTFBBQ!!11!1" thing when I first read some had problems, but after playing it anyone opinion will change.

That is unless your a playstation fanboy and hate it just because it's not a playstation.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I played one in best buy, with Call of duty 2 in it for 15 minutes, and let me say I am not impressed. I didnt strick me has WOW, MUST GET. Maybe its because I am getting older and I hardley ever play the original xbox i have now(last time was around a month ago). But Just the overall package wasnt that impressing, the graphics on that specific game werent as good as everyone said and claimed how good it was. I dont know, I wont be buying this one or any next gen system. But if you like it enjoy it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like mine,I lay it down,I never had any probs at all.
I got COD2,PGR3,and just picked up condemed.
I play on a 60" HDTV and I think it looks pretty sexy,game play is great,and the wireless controllers are the best.
COD2 is great game,works really well with surround sound,you feel like your in a war.
PGR3 is ok nothign impressive"does have nice grfx" but its your average racer.
Condemed,I only played for about 20 mins,,but looks like a cool scary game.
I rented 2 games the other day,perfect dark zero,and tony hawk.
I absolutly Hated perfect dark zero,I think its the worst game ever made.
Tony hawk was ok,,you would like it if your a fan of the old tony hawk games.I found it fun to skate around and do tricks,,but nothing I would buy.
The 360 overall looks to be a decent console,,but I think they rushed it.
I just hope it gets better with time as far as games go.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
ProfitOfDoom said:
I like mine,I lay it down,I never had any probs at all.
I got COD2,PGR3,and just picked up condemed.
I play on a 60" HDTV and I think it looks pretty sexy,game play is great,and the wireless controllers are the best.
COD2 is great game,works really well with surround sound,you feel like your in a war.
PGR3 is ok nothign impressive"does have nice grfx" but its your average racer.
Condemed,I only played for about 20 mins,,but looks like a cool scary game.
I rented 2 games the other day,perfect dark zero,and tony hawk.
I absolutly Hated perfect dark zero,I think its the worst game ever made.
Tony hawk was ok,,you would like it if your a fan of the old tony hawk games.I found it fun to skate around and do tricks,,but nothing I would buy.
The 360 overall looks to be a decent console,,but I think they rushed it.
I just hope it gets better with time as far as games go.
thats because you are supposed to lay it down..

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Chris Kringle said:
I played it for a couple hours straight when usually I cant stand more than 45 mins of straight gameplay.
Why would you bother spending all that money on it if you get sick of playing a game in 45 minutes? Don't tell me you're one of those people who buy something and then a year or two down the road it just sits around collecting dust. I can understand buying a system and only using it now and then....but for god sakes, don't buy it when it's NEW...wait a year until the price drops significantly, that way you know you didn't waste your money.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
quick Q, I know the 360 is backward compatible with old xbox games as long as you have a hard drive. My Q is it still compatible with system linking to a xbox? Such as if i wanted to play halo 2 on my 360, could my friend link to me with his xbox and we still play together?

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
empire 4 life said:
I played one in best buy, with Call of duty 2 in it for 15 minutes, and let me say I am not impressed. I didnt strick me has WOW, MUST GET. Maybe its because I am getting older and I hardley ever play the original xbox i have now(last time was around a month ago). But Just the overall package wasnt that impressing, the graphics on that specific game werent as good as everyone said and claimed how good it was. I dont know, I wont be buying this one or any next gen system. But if you like it enjoy it.
Exactly.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sure your the first one to know about that too...

If you dont like it, fine, but dont come in here and spam my thread with your pointless posts.

And like I said earliers, the games out now dont showcase what the 360 is capable of, but even now, if you spend more than 10 mins playing in a store you will notice small details that would impress any console gamer.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.