Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
hey kids. Checking in to say Im alive. Not much going on right now so Im dropping off some pictures for you all. I will be home in about a month but I will not be on alot for a while after that..Booze takes importance(I don't feel slightly sorry).

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The one with the open land in the back ground is on the furthest western part of my area of operations. The rest are in my normal climate. You have to understand that the area changes dramatically when you get further away from the river. the first picture is of some designated marksman training and dismounted work we did. All the des. marksmen for the battalion went out on a group mission to sweep out an area that is lightly traveled. Found a few minor caches but nothing worth reporting then used the open land to fire off some longer range shots. Im a big fan of photography and the second shot is one a buddy took of me taking pictures. I take alot of shots and normally don't make it into the pictures(curse of the photobuff). Im also a gun nut so when monitoring concerned citizens checkpoints when I came across this old sterling I had to get a picture with it. Its not every day you see a british ww2 submachine gun mixed in with the AK's. The 2 helo pics are from an op we did raiding several houses. 4 of our companies worked togeather in an air assault of the area doing mostly knock and searches had to do a few breachs but all of the people we picked up came freely without being able to mount a fight. The last picture is of an ied hole with a person standing in it.

As far as action thats normally not such a great question to ask for future ref. I don't really mind. My convoy has been hit 2 times by ied strikes. Neither caused serious wounds but always shake you up. I personal have not fired my rifle at another human but have disabled a vehicle. my secondary job is as a mortarman. My battalion has fired more mortars than the next two highest combined. We fire alot of counter battery and are very good at our job. The problem with indirect fire is that I do not know what I am shooting at. Can be very strange when you later find out that the people trying to hurt you are only kids by american standards. I will take the time to host and post some pics when I get back. Im on a cushy internet guard possition now that is allowing me alot of time at 4 in the morn to post.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Dear Nick,

Please send me one M14 and one Sterling/Sten. They'll never know they're gone.

Love,
Paul

;)

Stay safe out there man, I've got to remember to send you another care package or something. Are you done in a month or do you have to do another tour?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
improvised explosive device.

Good to hear that you're okay man. I totally understand about the whole "most people don't want to talk about it" stuff, cuz you see a lot of ****ed up things while over there, some things that may even change your life. Talking about them with just any stranger usually will never happen. A lot of people who go over to that area and see or do messed up things won't even tell their spouses/family, it's pretty crazy, I read about it a while back.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Can't quite remember what the I stands for, and I was just talking about it yesterday, but the ED stands for Explosive Device

EDIT: ^^^ got to it b4 me, with better info. but it's good to see your safe man.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts