Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tired of seeing Halo threads, so I am going to make one with all the halo info you will ever need.

First, the debate of Halo or Reloader.

A Halo and Reloader B are the exact same in size and looks. The Halo uses eyes in the feedneck, while the Reloader uses Sound Activation. The Reloader has 3 different speeds and will feed a bit faster than the Halo. The Reloader comes stock with Rip drive and can also use 4 AAA instead of 6 AA batteries. The Reloader is the better buy unless you have money for an aftermarket board.

Second thing, Rip Drive.

I hate seeing people talk about how their Halo is better than another because it has Rip Drive. I have never actually used it in a game. Sure, it's handy to chono without turning on your Halo, but it's still nothing braggable. The Rip Drive does not make your Halo feed any faster.

Next matter of business, aftermarker boards.

I have not had experience with the WAS or the Cheetah boards, so I cannot really say much about those. I have an Angry board in my Halo right now, which in my oppinion is the best board available. It has 1 speed: Fast. The Victory board is about half the price of an Angry board, and will feed about the same. It has 6 different speeds. If you leave your batteries connected while the Halo is turned off, it will drain the batteries with the Victory board. The Angry board is very good on batteries, I have played 3 tournies with the same set of Lithiums in my Halo.

The features of the Cheetah and the WAS boards look good, but I don't see any reasoning to replace my Angry board with one.

Lastly, Delrin Drive Cones.

I think that these are needed for anyone who plays major events. The stock cones are prone to breaking, and they will probably break. Mine has never broken on me, but I'm sure it will as soon as I break the 50 in a 1 on 3 with angles on all 3 of them, that's my good luck. Simply buy a Delrin Drive cone. I baught a Critical Cone with a delrin spring cup, so there is no plastic left in my Halo.

If you feel that anything needs added, go ahead and post it.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I had 2 halos. they were good. one was awesome with rip drive. i have a reloader b now, and i've only used it once[haven't been balling in awhile] but it was great.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vpraidersfan1 said:
I had 2 halos. they were good. one was awesome with rip drive. i have a reloader b now, and i've only used it once[haven't been balling in awhile] but it was great.
I had a Reloader and it always worked fine for me, but when I let other people use it they always had problems with it.

I traded it for a Halo and cash and the Halo was a lot slower. I baught an Angry board about a week later and it was faster and more consistant than the Reloader.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got the Halo myself, but I was wondering, cos I cant help but feel there is alot of exposed plastic on it, if there is anything I can put on it to protect it better?

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
strepto said:
I just got the Halo myself, but I was wondering, cos I cant help but feel there is alot of exposed plastic on it, if there is anything I can put on it to protect it better?
The shell is very durable, I have not broken a shell in a year and a half of owning a halo and the only time I've ever seen people crack them is either hitting them with a hammer or doing a horrible dive.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
No Chris.. the lid is infact better. The shellis debateable.

The lids are made from a different plastic and are like flexible so it has a less chance of breaking.

I've owned 4 halos and 3 of them gave me trouble. I've had my Reloader B since June, not one problem so far.

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
I emailed Odyssey awhile ago to end my whole debate on which shell and lid is stronger for both loaders and they told me that they are made out of the same material.

Vpraiders, just because one of the Halos had a RIP Drive doesn't mean it's going to be better than one without. Unless you never change your batteries and are constantly at the chrono...It's just a manual feed system, no speed or anything else enhancement

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
xPiZZeRx said:
I emailed Odyssey awhile ago to end my whole debate on which shell and lid is stronger for both loaders and they told me that they are made out of the same material.

Vpraiders, just because one of the Halos had a RIP Drive doesn't mean it's going to be better than one without. Unless you never change your batteries and are constantly at the chrono...It's just a manual feed system, no speed or anything else enhancement
no the one that didn't have rip was a pos. screws were stripped, used to frequently jam, eyes were hell.

lol, I'm sure if it was in good condition it would have been good.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i thought halo shells were made out of lexan and reloaders were made of something else that wasnt quite as strong but basically looks and weighs about the same. maybe some people were lying to me :dodgy:

i've kinda been forced to use a reloader b, since sometimes my field runs out of good paint and all they have is crap that gets crushed in the hopper for some reason. if i had a halo, i would then have to sit out after each game to clean my eyes, and probablly miss quite a few games as well. sound activation > eyes very very much, its definitely worth the extra money. the rip drive comes in handy too, mainly at the chrono or if i forget to turn it on before a game and dont have time to wait for the startup/loading sequence. just spin the rip drive, press the button, and you save about... 1 second. but i suppose that still counts.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
paintthecatBLUE said:
i thought halo shells were made out of lexan and reloaders were made of something else that wasnt quite as strong but basically looks and weighs about the same. maybe some people were lying to me :dodgy:

i've kinda been forced to use a reloader b, since sometimes my field runs out of good paint and all they have is crap that gets crushed in the hopper for some reason. if i had a halo, i would then have to sit out after each game to clean my eyes, and probablly miss quite a few games as well. sound activation > eyes very very much, its definitely worth the extra money. the rip drive comes in handy too, mainly at the chrono or if i forget to turn it on before a game and dont have time to wait for the startup/loading sequence. just spin the rip drive, press the button, and you save about... 1 second. but i suppose that still counts.
The shells are both lexan, they won't stop bullets though, because bulletproof glass uses like 1,000 tiny layers of lexan. Incredibly weak paint usually breaks in the chamber or one ball up, not by the eyes. In the event that paint does break down there you should clean it regardless if it has eyes or not, because the rest of the balls will shoot like **** with paint on them.

352 Posts
cheetah boards are ****in awsome, i also love how it changes color's when ur shooting :D. They're really fast 2 i saw a vid of one on nation just search cheetah'd halo in pb vids.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts