Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other thread got crapped on too much...

Hood installed. I think it looks good and have gotten lots of props on it. It will look even better if I ever get a chance to get the car painted. (SI/Electric Blue)

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I traded my stock hood + $150.. It's a ViS OEM hood. $599 + ship. Not too bad on my part.

Doubt I'll ever get it painted.. Theres a lot I want to get done first before a new paintjob.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HuNtS said:
did you fix that fender dent yet? (cant tell with them pics)
Not yet.. it's not going to be a real easy fix. I'm sure I could make it look even better than it is, but I'm pretty lazy.

I'm more concerned about the dent in the trunk from a hit and run.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BAURblades said:
Year? Engine?
F22

Hopefully going to be boosted or swapped. Should be picking up a manifold for 50 bucks thats for a T3 turbo. If boost happens, I want a Garret ported turbo for fast spooling. I can push 12lbs safely on the stock motor. :tup

Thanks for the comments. I love the way my car looks now. Now it just needs to be lowered and new wheels would be nice.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
1337 said:
F22

Hopefully going to be boosted or swapped. Should be picking up a manifold for 50 bucks thats for a T3 turbo. If boost happens, I want a Garret ported turbo for fast spooling. I can push 12lbs safely on the stock motor. :tup

Thanks for the comments. I love the way my car looks now. Now it just needs to be lowered and new wheels would be nice.

12 lbs will get you what? 210hp to the front wheels?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
1337 said:
210-230..

....... your car came with 135hp...... at the crank........ 12psi will get like 25%hp gain,....... 135 x .25 = 33.75 ....... 135 + 33.75 = 168.75 at the crank.......... from the crank to the wheels there is a 15% hp loss......... 168.75 x .15 = 25.3 ..... 168.75 - 25.3 = 143.45 at the wheels.... and i figure like 25 hp for any intake/exhaust or whatever you'll have done, so like 165hp at the wheels is more like it. btw im not flaming here im just bored and felt like doing a "number crunch"

ps, good job making the lude more appealing without over doing it. isnt that the way the type R's look? white car with black hood?

and one more thing, put a wing on the back of it and i'll give doomsday 20$ to ban you, lol

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
i've seen kits online that promise 200whp. but that's with that kit, which is engineered with parts to work together, not some junkyard wonder. also, that's likely with decent tuning.

regardless, my taurus could still whoop it :p

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PAT McCORMICK said:
....... your car came with 135hp...... at the crank........ 12psi will get like 25%hp gain,....... 135 x .25 = 33.75 ....... 135 + 33.75 = 168.75 at the crank.......... from the crank to the wheels there is a 15% hp loss......... 168.75 x .15 = 25.3 ..... 168.75 - 25.3 = 143.45 at the wheels.... and i figure like 25 hp for any intake/exhaust or whatever you'll have done, so like 165hp at the wheels is more like it. btw im not flaming here im just bored and felt like doing a "number crunch"

ps, good job making the lude more appealing without over doing it. isnt that the way the type R's look? white car with black hood?

and one more thing, put a wing on the back of it and i'll give doomsday 20$ to ban you, lol
12psi will get me way more than that.. remember I'd be getting a good tune. On AccordTuner someone did a boost setup similar to mine. 12 pounds and a good tune on the same motor, he dyno'd 212whp. You also got to consider.. how good is the manifold and parts you're putting on. If I was doing a DSM setup which I'm still considering, I'd be at 180-190hp.

Type Rs don't look like that. Oh and no wing is going on here. I like the way it looks with no spoiler. If anything, I'd put an OEM spoiler on it which is only like 2 inches off the trunk lid.

But thanks for the props. I honestly was expecting a lot of bashing from you, but I appreciate the comment. :tup

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
zpyro said:
i've seen kits online that promise 200whp.

a $4,000 kit and an engine that starts off with 150-160whp (195ish at the crank)

i think, (i dont know, i think) the better forced induction kits produce like 50-60% hp increase. the cheaper stuff is 20-40%

EDIT: i just looked at summit racing, the nicest turbo kit they have ($3,300) claims a possible peak hp of 260hp when intalled on a 190hp integra, which is only a 33% gain, and that kit comes with everything. Thats weird i honestly expected more then that, i guess summit doesnt have the better turbo kits

·
ATL Ballers
599 Posts
1337 said:
Hopefully going to be boosted or swapped.
Why?
Rice isn't my style of course, but it looks pretty nice.

I never really bothered to read any of your other threads about it so I dont know why you would put the money into making it all fast and stuff, do you plan on taking it to the strip? I duno why someone would want to make their daily driver a fast car so they can race all the soccer moms at the street lights.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
xpdi said:
Why?
Rice isn't my style of course, but it looks pretty nice.

I never really bothered to read any of your other threads about it so I dont know why you would put the money into making it all fast and stuff, do you plan on taking it to the strip? I duno why someone would want to make their daily driver a fast car so they can race all the soccer moms at the street lights.
Uhm yeah... it would go to the strip, road racing course and auto-x.

I want to boost because it'd be a lot more fun to drive.

Also those turbo kits are for the lazy and inexperianced. I'd rather pick out each turbo piece myself and build a custom setup. It's all in the tune when it comes to the end of it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts