Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reputation system has been reset with each user having a reputation of zero. :D

From this point, only mods / supermods / admins can contriubute towards user reputations. Members of the PBF Supporters may also be allowed to belong to this group in the future.

The reputations sytem will be a great way for members to be rewarded for their helpfulness on the forums.

To reflect the changes to the reputation system, we will be modifying the Elite and Established member criteria slightly.

Also, when reputation points are given / taken only 1 point will be added or removed at a time, thus making each point more valuable.

The reputation scale will be as follows: (Scale subject to change as more people advance.)

0 = No Established Reputation
1 to 5= An occasional positive contributor.
6 to 10 = A solid and postive contributing member.
11 to 20 = An outstanding member at PBF.
21 to 30 = Among the top members at PBF.
31 to 50 = The elite of the elite members of PBF.
51+ The absolute PINNACLE of PBF.

-1 to -5 = A slightly negative reputation.
-6 to -10 = A bad reputation.
- 11 to - 20 = A very BAD reputation. (Grade D)
- 21 to -30 = Grade F Eggs. A rotten member.
- 30 and lower = Automatic Ban by the System. (Yep that is right... get to -30 and the forum will automatically move you to the banned user group!)
This system should work much better and not be influenced by immature / abusive members.

Please post ALL comments in this thread!

Mark

·
Registered
191 Posts
so how will the mads and such giving the point know when someone has done something good they will be going around and checking?ps i like the this one better than the old one because there was a thread saying give me a point i will give u one and ithink thats how some reps got so high so fast
also do the established members and veterans stand still?

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
TrueLife said:
i dont think many of the mods/supers/admins like me, so im sure i'll be in the negative pretty damn soon.
As long as your posts are informative and non-flammatory I think you should be fine. These points won't be given out as a popularity contest as they were the other day. (I hope)

·
Administrator
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mods will not abuse this system.

They know that postitive points go for helpful and informative posts.

Negative go for flames, senseless spamming,... etc.

Popularity has nothing to do with it, only posting.

Also, I would ask that lounge posts not be considered with great thought. A light amount of flamming and spamming in the lounge is semi-acceptable (tis the lounge aint it?)

Flamming and Spamming in the paintball forums however will be taken seriously.

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
hmmm idk. none of the mods or anyone really know me but some of the regular members liked me a lot. I see why you're doing this so people don't give eachother points almost every day just to up it. Is there a way to do like maybe one a month to a person. then i don't think it would be abused. just a thought. a btw i like the -30 and ur gone. seems like a good way to keep pbforum free of people disliked!

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
The mods would do it by the post you make, not who you are.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
Probably gone forever.

Cobra: Do the mods have a limit on how many they can give to a person in a day?

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
and can you define "a light amount of flaming?"

1 - 20 of 53 Posts