Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna post some stuff about Fable, pretty much a reveiw. Feel free to post additional info.

The official release date is 9-14. Somewhere it said 9-1, but it is the 14th. Sorry to dissapoint.

What is Fable?
Fable is a Role Playing Game (RPG) for Xbox. It is made by Peter Molyneux, the creator of 'Black and White'. In Fable you start out as a child and progress through the world. Everything you do changes your character. If you sit inside all day you will become pale, if you eat too much you will become fat, if you swing a big axe all day you will become strong. How you "live" is up to you.

"In most Role Playing games it makes you be a certain character. I never really liked that. In Fable you are yourself, who you want to be" -Peter Molyneux

If you have ever played Black and White you know the good/evil thing. In Fable if you go into town and kill people you will begin to grown horns and look evil, yet if you help people you will have a little halo around your head and will give off a golden glow.

What makes Fable better than other games?
Fable has so many possibilities you can never "beat" the game. Like other great RPGs (Final Fantasy; Zelda) the game ends when you kill a certain thing and achive a certain task. In Fable, if you do play the huge game and "beat" it, start a new game, no two games will ever be alike. There are so many possibilities this game never ends.

The graphics are another thing about this game. Fable has the best graphics I have ever seen in a game. The trees and grass look so real. The graphics really are amazing.

This game surpasses my expectations. I thaught it would be the best game ever, and it is. I cannot see any game ever being this great.

Fable will also come in two boxes, the good box, and the evil box. Both look really good.

There is the evil box.

Please post anything else you want in this thread that concerns Fable.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thank you.

This is one post I was hoping someone would actually throw up. This game is the soul reason I bought my xBox last week. Even though I have a lot of catching up to do on what's "hip" I can't wait.

I plan on purchasing the "evil" version of the box, just because. I believed Black & White was "decent". It was nothing too spectacular, but it was fun. My only problem is that it got boring.

I hope that changes with Fable.

*Drools.*

-Weddingz

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I'm usually not a big fan of RPGs but after KOTOR i'm kinda into it, so Fable might be a game i wanna look into. I see it is rated M, so it'll be better than you're average rpg realism wise. I hope it lives up to the hype, i'm sure it will but there has been some disappointments

·
Banned
451 Posts
Barber said:
If you sit inside all day you will become pale,
all i have to say about a game where you live a life in

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
would be sweet if it was an action rpg but i am pretty sure it is turn based, most of the rpgs are like that

·
© 2006
1,831 Posts
ShotgunWeddingz said:
This is one post I was hoping someone would actually throw up. This game is the soul reason I bought my xBox last week. Even though I have a lot of catching up to do on what's "hip" I can't wait.

I plan on purchasing the "evil" version of the box, just because. I believed Black & White was "decent". It was nothing too spectacular, but it was fun. My only problem is that it got boring.

I hope that changes with Fable.

*Drools.*

-Weddingz

I loved black and white. And fable sounds really amazing, its from the same makers, and i B&W is like one of my fav PC games, so i figure fables gonna be really good too. I dun wanna buy an xbox though, what am i going to do? the game sounds awesomeeeeee

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The graphics look amazing. The main environment looks "normal" but little details are really done nicely.

Sorry, Xbox only.

And no turn based crap in fable, all action.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
r u serious? it's action based? omg this will be the best 50 dollars i spend all year, unless halo 2 is even better

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
There are 3 games coming out that anyone no matter what genre they're into, they're going to like wether they like it or not. They are:

Half-life 2
New Legend of Zelda
Fable

Seriously these games will give anyone reason to keep their computers and gaming systems. Like this summer was really weak for game releases in my opinion, but this fall will be where all the good ones come out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts