Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The World Is Yours
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to my friends house last night and we played. i dont wanna show you how to do it because i dont know how many brain cells it kills but anyway. my friend did it to me and everything just went black. then i was on a boat and i was on a lawn chair and the sun was just beating on me i was soo relaxed. but i kept feeling this tingle all over my body and i got really irratated and then a big flash and i was back in the room and my hole body was numb and i felt like i was in a strobe light. this lasted for about 10 seconds. i had no idea what was going on like i didnt remember him doing it to me and i kept asking what happened what happened and then i remembered after i got up. it seemed like i was out for about 45 min. i asked them how long i was out and they said about 10 seconds. it was so insane. i wanted to check with you guys first to see how bad it is for you before i do it again. i cant imagine it being very good for you

·
Registered
431 Posts
CH4OS said:
i went to my friends house last night and we played. i dont wanna show you how to do it because i dont know how many brain cells it kills but anyway. my friend did it to me and everything just went black. then i was on a boat and i was on a lawn chair and the sun was just beating on me i was soo relaxed. but i kept feeling this tingle all over my body and i got really irratated and then a big flash and i was back in the room and my hole body was numb and i felt like i was in a strobe light. this lasted for about 10 seconds. i had no idea what was going on like i didnt remember him doing it to me and i kept asking what happened what happened and then i remembered after i got up. it seemed like i was out for about 45 min. i asked them how long i was out and they said about 10 seconds. it was so insane. i wanted to check with you guys first to see how bad it is for you before i do it again. i cant imagine it being very good for you

oooo i know how to do it!!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
My mom gave me a big lecture about doing that. She was reading on the internet about it and a bunch of kids have died from doing it. They found a kid dead in his room, and what not...

·
The World Is Yours
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TyMaster said:
My mom gave me a big lecture about doing that. She was reading on the internet about it and a bunch of kids have died from doing it. They found a kid dead in his room, and what not...
id like to see the site

·
Registered
358 Posts
I told her to try and find it again and she couldn't :?

Try searching it or something, I dont know. I think she heard about it in an old email and it got deleted or something because we cant find it.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Yea it kills braincells and thickens the blood.

Thats why you toke up or get loaded instead.

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
IDAHO PRES TRIBUNE

Choking 'game' prompted discipline; Education: Students caught on tape at East Valley participating in dangerous practice to obtain 'high'

By Tammie Knauff - Idaho Press-Tribune

NAMPA -- A group of seventh-grade girls was disciplined at East Valley Middle School earlier this year for involvement in a choking "game" that caused them to pass out.

Nampa police and school officials have been investigating the dangerous practice and its possible ties to the death of a 13-year-old student this month.

Tuesday, district officials gave details about the incident on campus at East Valley -- which was caught on videotape -- although it occurred the last week of February.

Reports indicate that groups of students at East Valley and other schools have been voluntarily choking themselves or each other to cut off oxygen to the brain and achieve a type of "high."

Assistant Superintendent Jay Hummel said in that specific incident, a supervisor at East Valley was notified that the students were choking each other in the hallway and a camera caught them on tape.

The girls' parents were immediately contacted, Hummel said. All of the parents were brought in to meet with a counselor and nurse who talked about the activity's dangers.

Hummel said the students were interviewed and administrators found the behavior was within this group of seventh-graders. The six girls were suspended for a day.

Some of the parents watched the footage of the incident, but the district did not save the digital videotape.

Other students have reported taking part in the practice more recently. Officials do not know if there are more groups involved but plan to continue to talk with and counsel students.

Copyright 2005 Idaho Press-Tribune. All rights reserved.

IDAHO STATESMAN

Family says girl didn't kill herself

School officials could have informed parents about choking game, father says

NAMPA - Chelsea Dunn's family is convinced she died accidentally while she was trying to make herself pass out as part of a game popular with some girls at her middle school.

And they wish officials at Chelsea's school had told them about the game before she was found dead early April 15, hanging in her bedroom closet, her father, Joe Dunn, said. Police said they continue to investigate her death, trying to determine whether it was caused by the game or by suicide.

"I think it's like a drug to them (kids)," Dunn said of the "passing-out game."

Dunn said East Valley Middle School officials knew kids were playing the game earlier in the school year.

"They could have told us," he said. "They could have sent out some kind of newsletter."

Nampa School District Assistant Superintendent Jay Hummel said the game was reported to East Valley officials in late February or early March, and school officials talked to the parents of all the children who were directly involved. Chelsea Dunn was not one of those students, he said.

Hummel said the district hasn't sent out information to all parents, but after Chelsea's death, they provided the media with suggestions of how parents can talk to their kids about risky behaviors.

"There does appear to be a choking game going on," Hummel said Tuesday. "It's a community safety issue. We want parents to watch their kids and talk to them harder than they have in the past."

Hummel said evidence of the game surfaced at East Valley Middle School when kids who had been at an after-school basketball game reported that some other kids had been playing the choking game in the hallway.

East Valley officials checked the electronic security recordings taken during the game and found images of two girls playing: One girl would hold her arm against a second girl's throat; then the second girl would collapse, Hummel said.

School officials called those two girls into the office to talk to them and find out who else might be involved. The school ended up interviewing around a dozen students and determined that six seventh-grade girls were involved with the choking game, Hummel said.

Counselors and school nurses talked to the six students and their parents, he said, and the school suspended the students for one day.

In the game, kids cut off the circulation of blood, air or both by various means until the person passes out. The game is usually played with two or more people, but Chelsea was alone in her room about 9:30 p.m. April 14 when she died, police said. Early the next morning, Dunn said, a family member discovered Chelsea hanging from a belt and shoelace tied to the top of the closet door in her bedroom.

Police said the death originally appeared to be a suicide by hanging, but investigators now believe it may have resulted from the choking game. Investigators say they may never be able to prove either cause.

After her death, the family found shoelaces in her room that did not belong to her shoes and others pulled out of shoes, as well as a note from a friend talking about the game, Dunn said.

He said the note was in code, but a family member deciphered this message: "I love that pass-out game. You pass out and when you wake up, you forget everything but then it comes back to you and you feel all tingly." The family doesn't know which friend wrote the note because Chelsea and her friends called each other by made-up names, he said.

Dunn said Chelsea was watching television the evening of April 14 and everything seemed normal.

"She was excited about the weekend," he said. "I was taking off to go hunting with her brother and she was going to have her mother to herself."

Dunn said there are no signs his daughter was considering suicide, and police said they didn't find any indications of suicide. She had recently purchased some credits at Habbo Hotel, a virtual hotel online where teenagers create a virtual character and room to meet friends and play games, Dunn said.

And he believes that she would have written him a note if she were upset or distraught.

"She wrote everything down," he said.

Chelsea told a young relative in December that she was playing the passing out game with friends in the girls locker room at East Valley Middle School, Dunn said. The relative told her to stop because she could get brain damage but did not alert adults, he said.
from
http://www.sde.state.id.us/webdocs/Dailyednews/Apr2005/05-04-27_Wednesday.htm

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
freakpizzaboy said:
this really shouldnt be posted on pbf...
Well now we're telling these idiots NOT to do it, so why not have a discussion about it? Someone could be reading his story and be like "omg kewl" *gagg* then yeah. Idk... thumup:

·
Registered
450 Posts
CH4OS said:
i wanted to check with you guys first to see how bad it is for you before i do it again. i cant imagine it being very good for you
Well good thing you checked because otherwise how would you know you're a dumb***? Seriously, do what you want, but what you're doing is screwing up your life. You could die moron. More than that while you and your friends are doing this think about the productivity your missing out on. For example you're wasting time when you could be doing other things. I wont even begin to name them. Also what if you wake up brain dead. Do you want to be a vegetable the rest of your life. The fact that you're asking if you can do that again safely clearly shows me you you are a danger to yourself and society. What is the whole point of you coming on here and seeing if thats ok? How old are you? This thread doesn't belong on paintball forum. What do you think, that asking our opinion would make it allright? Cut it out. Straighten up. Don't play paintball again until you get your act together. There have been too many incidents of retards like yourself (By saying retards I mean those who have made themselves brain dead from either some type of intoxication or self mutilation) acting in innapropriate ways with their paintball guns and giving the sport a bad name.

·
Registered
133 Posts
micromag2277 said:
Well good thing you checked because otherwise how would you know you're a dumb***? Seriously, do what you want, but what you're doing is screwing up your life. You could die moron. More than that while you and your friends are doing this think about the productivity your missing out on. For example you're wasting time when you could be doing other things. I wont even begin to name them. Also what if you wake up brain dead. Do you want to be a vegetable the rest of your life. The fact that you're asking if you can do that again safely clearly shows me you you are a danger to yourself and society. What is the whole point of you coming on here and seeing if thats ok? How old are you? This thread doesn't belong on paintball forum. What do you think, that asking our opinion would make it allright? Cut it out. Straighten up. Don't play paintball again until you get your act together. There have been too many incidents of retards like yourself (By saying retards I mean those who have made themselves brain dead from either some type of intoxication or self mutilation) acting in innapropriate ways with their paintball guns and giving the sport a bad name.
*****in Right! Us as humans want to get a high, cause it simmulates primal instincts of eating and intercoarse. The reward your body gives you when it was rare. Now you can get food or intercorse any time. So we find other ways. But this is what gives americans a bad name

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
YA i think he's talking about the blackout.

you breathe heavily 10-20 time's [till light headed], have a friend hold your neck until you "fall asleep" i.e pass out. my friend's were doing that in school. One of my friend's was doing it and stopped in the middle cuz he couldn't breathe and he wasn't passing out.

don't do it. it sucks.

·
12,110 Posts
You can do it alone too. If I've been working for 5+ hours and ive been sitting down the whole time, if I stand up and yawn (has to be a natural yawn), I'll go black, feel the tingle, go numb, and partially lose consiousness.

You can still control yourself to a point. Happened to me last night when I was in my basement working on something in the shop. After I stood up, I went right out, but I felt it coming and grabbed onto the desk to stabalize myself (I have fallen before), and enjoied it.

Pretty fun.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.