Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Mr.Hankey
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Pope's condition has just worsened a lot. He has just lost consciousness and his heart and kidneys are rapidly failing. He probably is down to hours to live. Thousands of people are gathering in the Vatican for him right now and praying. He was a good Pope <3.

·
Registered
216 Posts
may god look over him in his time of need and look over us all. amen

i really don't think he will make it through the nigtht. this is something i haven't ever seen before or know anything about. so what happens when he dies. i am not a very good catholic i guess :(

·
Registered
515 Posts
the pope is like the head of all priest in the Catholic church....

Oh and he'll make it through the night, hes been like this for like 2 weeks already, and plus hes the pope..

But if he does happen pass away during the night, all my prayers are to him

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
theunforgiven said:
can someone enlighten me as to what significance a pope has?
He is the head of the Catholic church, as well as the President of the Vatican (a country).

Given that Catholics represent the single, largest, unified religious group, it means the Pope has alot of power, and fortunetly, uses that power for good.

Orthodox chuches also have there own Pope, but retains far less power.

Nick

·
Registered
216 Posts
any one can explain what will happen when he dies i know that a knew one will be elcted but how do they elect him who does it and how long will they what?

·
\m/ viking
935 Posts
the cardinal college elects him in a big secret (confidential) meeting in the systeen (sp?) chaple, it takes it can take up to 15 days

·
Registered
61 Posts
charlesotis said:
the cardinal college elects him in a big secret (confidential) meeting in the systeen (sp?) chaple, it takes it can take up to 15 days
Sistine Chapel. I was in Rome in 1994. Even though I am not Catholic, it was cool when he blessed all the people in St. Peter's Square. Lots of stuff to see there.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'm not Catholic either, but its obvious to me that Pope John Paul was a good man who did MANY good things in his lifetime. He will certaintly be hard to replace.

But, OTOH, he has been sick for the last couple years, and has not been as productive. I think it might have been better for him to retire in 2000, and let someone else take over.

But, as I said, I'm not catholic, so I have NO IDEA how the process works.

Well, I could ask my wife... She is Catholic, but we try not to bring up religion.
(I'm Irish Prodestant, and she is Irish Catholic).

Nick

1 - 20 of 97 Posts