Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting pulled over for broken brake lights. I was on a date friday night and got pulled over by a state trooper for a broken light. ((at 8:55... 5 mins before my lisence expires... whew)) Additionally, I got pulled over in march for a broken tail light... then got arrested for various reasons.
so- Popo- WTF!? they should be out looking for murderers, not busting stoners and people for minor traffic violations.
 

·
Αdministrator
Joined
·
5,683 Posts
I'll play the part of the responsible person.

Actually, if someone can't tell that you are breaking, turning, or in reverse, it is a hazard. Sure, murderers are bad, but they have people to investigate those. People can die in auto accidents, and sometimes they're even worse, because they're accidents.

done being responsible...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
as long as they dont be dicks about it, i see it that the popo are doing you a favor, and saving you a lot of trouble. they could be saving you from someone rearending you, or missing a turn signal that could have been on and causing an accident. you should have expected to get arrested. drugs are illegal for a reason.


[preparesflameshield]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,996 Posts
The police's job is not to bag murderers and rapists 24/7. It is to enforce the law...driving around without a tail light is unsafe and therefore against the law.

My advice: quit *****ing and fix your light. Keep on top of fixing these sort of things and you won't have this happen anymore...
 

·
Imperator
Joined
·
19,071 Posts
Lol, you guys hit it right on the head. If you fixed your tail-light maybe you wouldn't get pulled over so often. :rolleyes: ;)
 

·
oh snap
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
MedicDVG said:
So spend the $20 to get the frickin thing fixed.... Jeesh....
No kidding. If you know you have a brake light out...get it replaced. Stop *****ing about them doing their jobs and do something so you don't keep getting pulled over. I guess it's their fault they are trying to keep the roads safe(er) so there isn't as many accidents that they have to deal with later. Busting stoners and people for minor traffic violations can have as much as an impact as busting murderers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
make a big sign and put in on the back of your car that says "To who it may concern, my brake lights are out and I do not wish to fix them and I don't like being pulled over. Also I like to tell people about it on PBF. That is the Paintball Forum. It is www.paintballforum.com, so you should check it out and talk to me. Oh, and I hope that this distracted you long enough so I can brake without you knowing and you rear end me and I will be hurt and get money from the accident.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
Guzzball said:
make a big sign and put in on the back of your car that says "To who it may concern, my brake lights are out and I do not wish to fix them and I don't like being pulled over. Also I like to tell people about it on PBF. That is the Paintball Forum. It is www.paintballforum.com, so you should check it out and talk to me. Oh, and I hope that this distracted you long enough so I can brake without you knowing and you rear end me and I will be hurt and get money from the accident.
HAHA nice...that is a smart one.. my dad is a highway patrolman at a HIGH rank my mom gets pulled all the time, prob like 10x total and no tickets...i havent gotten pulled yet but if i do i prob wont have to wry bout it
 

·
PB REF
Joined
·
1,078 Posts
lol at the last post.

i bought me a very nice project truck a month or so ago, for $500 (94 dodge dakota SLT). got the new grill, bumper and lights on (weird frontal crash, but not even a trace of it... besides the hood i haven't replaced yet). so me and the girl are heading to her house from my place. on the way we spy an officer with the lights on, luckily it looks like he has someone pulled over, and its not a road block(have the old cars tag on, at the time the other owner had the title, and no insurance on it). so we go on by with my crappy trans that sounds like it doing way more power wise than it does, but i was under the limit. anyway i go another mile then take a left, and as i turn i notice the all familiar blue lights behind me. so i pull over, and apperently he was on me since we passed him.. good thing i was driving normal and safe, because i never saw him. anyway he gets my id and everything, goes back to the car, and returns to tell me about my tag light, "no problemi will fix that tomorrow". well he then "finds" a bigger problem- i am not the right age to be driving someone under 21 around in my car. well me and the girl were baffeled, seeing as i have been driving nearly 2 years and the law states that i can. well we talked a good 10 mins making her late getting home, just so the cops can have their fun. they are used to busted the stoner/rich kid ass types, which most of our community is made up of, so they had to make something up to bother us with.

I recieved no ticket, a slight warning, a little stupidity, and greater respect for fine officers.... unlike the ones we encontered.

btw- my PB team consists of cops, and i am leaning toward being one, so this isn't really a bash on all cops. alos, this was long and i'm sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,618 Posts
i was behind someone with no brake lights at all once.. i almost rear ended him.. i was pissed... i was gonna follow him and tell him his lights were out, but i had more important business to attend to at the time...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow

flame war omg0rz

I should have elaborated more- I keep getting pulled over in different cars for broken brake lights. I fixed the light in my brothers car ((after getting pulled over and busted)) and then got pulled over in my mothers car for the light being out. Additionally, a month ago, a brake light was out in my moms car as well, but I didn't get pulled.

No1TubaPlayer said:
you should have expected to get arrested. drugs are illegal for a reason.
and you're not correct, drugs are illegal for a lot of stupid ass reasons that don't make sense. The government officials have the heads up their asses when it comes to psychoactives, and intentionally ignor beneficial aspects of certain drugs because it would harm their political carears. Don't get me started. ((however, some drugs <i.e. PCP, Methamphetamines> are illegal for a reason, and they should stay illegal. but others....))
 

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
Joined
·
17,772 Posts
As much as you may romanticize and wish to debate the relative hypocrisy of the government’s drug program, they are, as of this date, illegal. Period, all stop, end of discussion. If you choose to use these illegal substances, and you get caught, you do so in full knowledge that what you are doing is against the current laws of the land and you can expect to be punished in some shape or form. The police, judges, and lawmakers in this country could give 2 rips about your attitudes on the matter.

Sorry the police seem to be on your ass more then most. Certainly getting pulled over for such a minor thing as a tail-light being out is frustrating... But then again, if you were to talk to a career law enforcement officer they will tell you that 90% of their big busts for drugs and fugitive warrants are through minor traffic stops. That's the way Tim McVeigh got caught....

So suck it up as part of the price for living in society. Oh, and maybe do better preventative maintenance on the family vehicles...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Cmon, I didn't even ***** when I had to spend 10 dollars on ****ing brake lights to replace mine. Just because it's a ****ing import Honda. People with broken brakelights piss me off so much. I'll always pass them and get dirty looks but hey I'm not going to risk rear-ending someone...
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,110 Posts
CarnageCAB said:
HAHA nice...that is a smart one.. my dad is a highway patrolman at a HIGH rank my mom gets pulled all the time, prob like 10x total and no tickets...i havent gotten pulled yet but if i do i prob wont have to wry bout it
You and your family and all the police officers who let you guys go are corrupt.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,148 Posts
State troopers' jobs are to ensure the safety on their highways. You can't really blame them for doing their jobs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,996 Posts
MedicDVG said:
As much as you may romanticize and wish to debate the relative hypocrisy of the government’s drug program, they are, as of this date, illegal. Period, all stop, end of discussion. If you choose to use these illegal substances, and you get caught, you do so in full knowledge that what you are doing is against the current laws of the land and you can expect to be punished in some shape or form. The police, judges, and lawmakers in this country could give 2 rips about your attitudes on the matter.

Sorry the police seem to be on your ass more then most. Certainly getting pulled over for such a minor thing as a tail-light being out is frustrating... But then again, if you were to talk to a career law enforcement officer they will tell you that 90% of their big busts for drugs and fugitive warrants are through minor traffic stops. That's the way Tim McVeigh got caught....

So suck it up as part of the price for living in society. Oh, and maybe do better preventative maintenance on the family vehicles...
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

It doesn't matter wether or not you think drugs should be legal, the fact of the matter is that they are illegal, and you may suffer consequences for using them.

It also doesnt hurt to walk around the vehicle you are driving every once in awhile. Even though it may seem like an annoyance and not seem worth it, it will definately be better than getting pulled over and having the officer hand you a fix-it ticket.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top