Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Michael
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i've been drinking a ludicrous number of soft drinks since i got into college. I went from having maybe one a day or one every 2 days during the summer to having like 3 and 4 a day here at college. so i want to know...just how unhealthy are these things cause if i gotta stop, i need to know.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Well your body processes calories from liquids differently than from regular food. There is a hormone that starts with a G (I forget the exact name) that lets you know you are hungry. When you eat regular food, your body gets told to produce less of this hormone, and therefore you aren't as hungry. When you drink sodas, this doesn't happen nearly as much.

So while you are taking in those calories, your body still feels hungry. You eat more, taking in more calories.

You take in more calories than you burn, you gain weight.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Well I mean you are taking in a lot of sugars.

You should be fine as long as you take them in moderation. Moderation is key for pretty much any food.

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
Diabetes, ruined your stomach, etc. I still drink three a day or so. I just drink the Diet, cause there's no waste of calories, and it doesn't have sugar. But supposedly I'll get cancer from it. Also, get the Caffeine free, some people say high amounts of caffeine cause chest fat on men.

·
GO BUCKS
798 Posts
I hate pop, makes me feel like ****. Just drink gatorade or something. I don't personally enjoy drinking cups of acid, buts thats just me. Don't drink anything with splenda either(diet pops). They've proven it leads to methanol toxicity which mimics multiple sclerosis but is more deadly.

Splenda

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Aspartame, the main problem is that Aspartame is that as it's digested in the body it turns into and methanol (wood alcohol), which later breaks down into Formaldahyde which are all toxic in the body. However, the reality is to intake the amount of Aspartame to become toxic, you'd have to drink far more soda than a human being could possibly intake, hundreds of sodas within a relatively short time. The problem that people have with Aspartame is usually because they are allergic to it.

That being said, soda in general is terrible for you, I haven't drank more than 4 or 5 sodas in the last 2 years.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Dark soda is pretty bad for you.. I just drink Mountain Dew everyday. Every now and then though I'll have a Pepsi or Dr. Pepper.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
i dont understand why people get so uptight and worry about things like this. live a little. you could die tomorrow, and its not like you can take it with you.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I mean, it can also depend on what kind of soda you're drinking. Diet, Caffeine-Free Coke is obviously going to be "healthier" than regular Coke.

I mainly drink Diet Rite soda. Zero fat, zero sugar, zero carbs, zero calories, and it has some vitamins in it, too. It's made with Spenda. It's damn good too.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I mean, it can also depend on what kind of soda you're drinking. Diet, Caffeine-Free Coke is obviously going to be "healthier" than regular Coke.

I mainly drink Diet Rite soda. Zero fat, zero sugar, zero carbs, zero calories, and it has some vitamins in it, too. It's made with Spenda. It's damn good too.
people say splenda tastes like sugar. I think ti's absolutely disgusting and it gives me a headache. I tried to make kool-ade with it this summer cuz we were out of sugar and I spit it out and told my mom she'd have to drink it all because I sure wasn't going near it. She makes cookes with it and I can still taste it. Some things, like cake, I can barely tell though.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
apparently decent looking women don't like fat people though.

weird i know.
Well honestly thats hard for me to comprehend, because ive never been fat and ive been drinking pop since a little kid. I have a fast metabolism, and am very athletic, always have been, maybe thats why.

But everyones different, im sure some people get fat from drinking it, only side effect ive had is my teeth have a slight stain, but again, if you take care of yourself and brush twice a day it shouldnt be a big issue.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts