Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this has been bugging me for awhile. I understand you guys wanting people who post to use the search button first. Thats understandable if there is like 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 posts about that subject. But lately more then HALF of the posts I see, people just b*tch saying use the search button. STFU! Personally if you don't want to answer, then don't answer and don't post anything.

When you post the same question that is in another thread, you can still get different answers, people. Maybe someone who didn't see the old post has more and better opinions for the question then the first thread had gotten. Also we are talking about paintball here, things change bi-weekly and could have different answers.

Another thing is, if people just used the search button and didn't post questions that may be repeated, then this forum would be just about dead. Considering if more then half the posts I'm reading people are complaining to use the search button, then there would be half the amount of posts as of right now.

I think that if your question your posting isn't shown on the first or second page, that it should be good to go. I wouldn't consider a question that isn't on the first page (or even on the second page) to be spam, depending how many different posts a day there are of course. This is a forum, its meant to be chatted on. Forums are not meant to be a database that you just query off of.

If some of you don't agree with me, well thats fine. This is my opinion and you are of course allowed to your own opinion. Thats my 2cents on the subject.
 

·
Xplicit Eg06
Joined
·
4,567 Posts
Because the same people are constantly posting in the wrong place, about the wrong subject, and especially in the cocker section THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN ASKED SERIOUSLY 100 TIMES ALREADY. We get tired of anwsering the same questios all the time.

Its annoying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
815 Posts
Use the search button :dodgy:. But seriously it gets really annoying after you've answered the same question 8 times. Especially threads like What is the best gun?, DM6 or Ego6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, as I've said, of course its been posted a hell of alot about, its understandable. But lately its been even questions I've never seen asked before on this forum, and I've been posting for over a month now. Its just getting out of control how almost every post is a "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!"
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,110 Posts
RBomaha03 said:
Because the same people are constantly posting in the wrong place, about the wrong subject, and especially in the cocker section THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN ASKED SERIOUSLY 100 TIMES ALREADY. We get tired of anwsering the same questios all the time.

Its annoying.
Then dont read it.

Its a catch-22.

You tell them to use the search button.

They do, and they post in a thread thats months old. Then you flame them for bringing back old threads.
 

·
Xplicit Eg06
Joined
·
4,567 Posts
Well, if people would use the search button, then we wouldent have to tell them to do it.

If ppl arent morons, it fixes the whole problem!

[/Thread]

Edit:I dont flame for bringing back old threads, if they have a valid question. Id much rather see that than a new thread w/ the same question in it. If the question was anwsered in the old thread, then why is there a need to post in it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"If the question was anwsered in the old thread, then why is there a need to post in it?"

Did you even read my post? There are many reasons to repost it.

-Things can change from old posts depending what the question is.
-You can get different answers from people, then from the old thread

This was all stated in my first post. And as Alpha said, don't post or read it if it bothers you. THIS IS A FORUM, not a database. And as I've said many of times before, of course it matters if its shown in 5 different posts on the same page.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,110 Posts
I've been known to start conflict on the forums. I like controversey. But no matter what, I always try to positively contribute to a thread.

If your going to act negatively, first look at what your doing. The way forums work, if one person flames, more and more muppets join in, and soon, you have everyone flaming the hell out of someone for almost no reason. Go look back to the thread where everyone attacked 1337. Thats what I saw happen.

This is the internet. Sure your not ever going to see me, but please, have a little respect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Alpha said:
I've been known to start conflict on the forums. I like controversey. But no matter what, I always try to positively contribute to a thread.

If your going to act negatively, first look at what your doing. The way forums work, if one person flames, more and more muppets join in, and soon, you have everyone flaming the hell out of someone for almost no reason. Go look back to the thread where everyone attacked 1337. Thats what I saw happen.

This is the internet. Sure your not ever going to see me, but please, have a little respect.
Your affended by teh :dodgy: ?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
12,110 Posts
ITs funny.. The last thread was made by chrome I believe.. And people were swinging from his nuts like it was a tireswing on a riverbank. Now this thread is made by a n00b adn he jsut gets flamed.

PBF, your just a bunch of trendwhore lemmings ;) Proove to me otherwise by treating new members with respect.
 

·
chicks dig scars baby!
Joined
·
2,477 Posts
i only say it in the smart parts section, theres so many god damned ion threads asking the EXACT same things. it soooo annoying, if u dot make a thread about nething else its lost in a day cuz all the new "what upgrades should i get?" or "how do i adjust my dwell and wat does it do?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,024 Posts
Alpha said:
ITs funny.. The last thread was made by chrome I believe.. And people were swinging from his nuts like it was a tireswing on a riverbank. Now this thread is made by a n00b adn he jsut gets flamed.

PBF, your just a bunch of trendwhore lemmings ;) Proove to me otherwise by treating new members with respect.
oh i do thumup: except when there is a thread on the EXACT subject on the first page of some subforum...even then i dont flame, i just tell them to use the search or look for it harder
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
995 Posts
i agree with alpha, it is a catch-22.

i think it takes less time to give someone an answer than it does to think of some witty comment to flame them. people should stop being so anal. you cant help it if they already created a thread, its already created. misewell help, then say "hey, next time look on the first page before you make a thread, its already answered."

i mean, you all where n00bs sometime in your life, and im sure you've done the exact same thing :dodgy:
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top