Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
That Hummer has an insane amount of horse power.

GM has a LOT of new vehicles in concept and being released. The new Hybrid Yukon will make its debut soon. Even after 50% more MPG, it still only gets 20mpg. LOL!

The Volt, Malibu, the G8, and these cars are just a few of GMs new cars.

Dooms do you know if Buick dropped the idea for the veliete? (i cant spell it but it rhymes with sweet.)

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
They need to make it so that in order to buy the Hummer you must sign a contract saying you WILL use it for off-roading fairly often, and you WILL use it to tow things - preferably 4 wheelers while on your way to off-roading with everything. :)

-Jin

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
They need to make it so that in order to buy the Hummer you must sign a contract saying you WILL use it for off-roading fairly often, and you WILL use it to tow things - preferably 4 wheelers while on your way to off-roading with everything. :)

-Jin
Why would you use a 4 wheeler to go off roading when you have a 500 horsepower hummer? :tup

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GM has a LOT of new vehicles in concept and being released. The new Hybrid Yukon will make its debut soon. Even after 50% more MPG, it still only gets 20mpg. LOL!
One has to remember hybrid technology does nothing for highway mileage. It only increases city mileage. The regular 6.2L V8 Tahoe/6.0L V8 Suburban was lucky to get 10mpg around town. Now getting 20 city/20 highway is a huge improvement, (better than any SUV or truck of that size right now). The increased mileage that vehicle gets allows GM to sell other vehicles that are purely for fun (like the ZR1 Vette). You have to remember that, due to CAFE regulations, a manufacturer needs to make so many vehicles that get over a certain MPG city and highway. It's a big problem if they don't meet the regulations.

Dooms do you know if Buick dropped the idea for the veliete? (i cant spell it but it rhymes with sweet.)
I'm not sure, I know they had big plans for Buick, then you don't hear anything anymore. I know GM has dropped a lot of its plans for RWD cars because of tightening CAFE restrictions, so other than the G8, Camaro, and RWD Impala we may not see a lot of new RWD vehicles for a while.

It's all up in the air though. Right now their focus is their Trucks/Suvs, the G8/Camaro, and the small cars (Malibu, Cobalt SS, HHR SS, HHR SS panel, Sky, Solstice, ect). Once they get enough small fuel efficient cars out there (and bring their suvs fuel efficiency up) you'll start seeing more fun stuff across the board.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Why would you use a 4 wheeler to go off roading when you have a 500 horsepower hummer? :tup
Right, which is why I said "preferably 4 wheelers while on your way to off-roading with everything", meaning the Hummer as well. I just hate seeing rich jerks with Hummers who never actually use what they have. Worse is when they slow waaaaayyyy down for railroad tracks. What the heck? It's made for rough terrain! Come on, floor it and take the railroad tracks at 70!!

-Jin

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
I was in Fiki's truck while he was driving around. We talked about speedbumps, and how he just sees them as an excuse to go faster. It really pains me to see people driving hummers around when they're so impractical for regular city use.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The H2/H3 hummers are the same as the Tahoe/Suburban (GMT900) and Colorado/Canyon (GMT355). It's just a heavier built version (with a blockier design). They're great trucks and you can get a better deal on them than the other GMT900 trucks. The H3 is also one of the few small/medium truck based SUVs left (especially with a proper solid axel). They're like the modern version of the old K5. I'd drive either of them over a cross-over SUV any day. If you're going to drive a truck/suv you might as well drive a real one. A crossover is little more than a station wagon with a lift. :)

Worse is when they slow waaaaayyyy down for railroad tracks. What the heck? It's made for rough terrain! Come on, floor it and take the railroad tracks at 70!!
I was in Fiki's truck while he was driving around. We talked about speedbumps, and how he just sees them as an excuse to go faster.
That's a good way to break something or knock your alignment out of whack. Even trucks aren't meant to take speed bumps at 70mph. Notice how the majority of off-roading is very slow. The only guys who go fast are the Baja guys, and they carry a spare everything.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
I was in Fiki's truck while he was driving around. We talked about speedbumps, and how he just sees them as an excuse to go faster. It really pains me to see people driving hummers around when they're so impractical for regular city use.
I love when I'm in the Z and I slow waaaayyy down for train tracks or a speed bump, and the car behind me gets all up on my bumper as if to intimidate me and get me to go faster. Then once I'm over I punch it a little and next thing you know, they aren't on my bumper any more...

-Jin

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
The H2/H3 hummers are the same as the Tahoe/Suburban (GMT900) and Colorado/Canyon (GMT355). It's just a heavier built version (with a blockier design). They're great trucks and you can get a better deal on them than the other GMT900 trucks. The H3 is also one of the few small/medium truck based SUVs left (especially with a proper solid axel). They're like the modern version of the old K5. I'd drive either of them over a cross-over SUV any day. If you're going to drive a truck/suv you might as well drive a real one. A crossover is little more than a station wagon with a lift. :)

Thats cool I guess but still pretty impractical with current gas prices and the fact that the people in my area who own them, really don't use them in a purposeful or fun way.

That's a good way to break something or knock your alignment out of whack. Even trucks aren't meant to take speed bumps at 70mph. Notice how the majority of off-roading is very slow. The only guys who go fast are the Baja guys, and they carry a spare everything.
Fiki wasn't going 70, but he wasn't going the recommended 10-15 either. Offroaders aren't tackling speedbumps, they're on much bigger stuff. 70 over a speedbump would be crazy.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
So here's a story...

One time I was with my girlfriend in my '95 Ford Ranger with 250,000 miles on it, going from her house in the middle of nowhere to someplace near civilization. Anyways, for some reason we were going a route I'd never really been before, but my girlfriend suddenly spoke up saying she'd been this way before, and that her mom always sped up to go over this one bump, just for fun.

Well she never said how much her mom speeds up to, and she didn't ask how fast I was going. So I figured it was just a little dip or something, you know, something that makes your stomach flip. She keeps telling me "Go faster, go faster, it's coming up."

I hit that thing probably going 70 or more, no joke. I give you my word, no joke, the entire truck came off the ground, albeit probably not that much. We slammed back down, the Coke she was drinking spilled everywhere (cap wasn't on), I slammed on the brakes because she failed to tell me there was a stop sign not far after the bump, the tires screeched and I managed to stop in time...

Yes I know, extremely dangerous and we were very lucky. It was horrible when it happened, but looking back it's a bit funny. Nothing on the truck broke, no alignment issues, nothing. Just a sticky dashboard due to the Coke.

-Jin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts