Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I said it. The UN is the downfall of America.

International organizations never accomplish anything. Too many differences, and too many hard-headed politicians that will never change their ways. Every international organization I can think of off the top of my head did fail, or is failing.

Take the League of Nations for example. After World War I, the US decided we needed to have an international organization, so, we started one. We forced all sorts of countries to join it, at the threat of embargoes and other things, yet we ourselves never joined the League of Nations, and it fell apart soon after it's creation.

Look at the UN right now. The aren't accomplishing anything. They didn't enforce their policies on Iraq (ie Weapons inspectors) and they didn't follow through on a lot of things. Also, the UN (and, admittedly, America) has turned a blind eye to the genocide in the Darfur region of Sudan. We have simply not done anything about it. The US has taken a step in the right direction by stepping up and removing Saddam from power in Iraq by ourselves, but it's time we distance ourselves from the UN. It is breeding nothing but trouble. We need to step away from the UN and step into Sudan to help the innocent people being slaughtered.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
the UNessarcy?

Please, i have a better chance of doing something with a slice of toast.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ComradeMolyneux said:
The UN must have done something in Iraq because no weapons of mass destruction were ever found right?
Country the size of Texas, 95% covered by desert. You could hide a vile of a chemical agent in a shoebox and bury it somewhere in the Iraqi desert, never to be found again.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/f/foxbat.htm

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Lets think here...

We have Satellite technology, capable of seeing anything in the world..

yet, we can't even find Osama in the mountains or prove WMDs.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
they won't use force, and are to afraid to step up to the plate and be the leading force they should. I'm all for the US breaking away, b/c the UN is frankly bull**** nowadays, and their "peacekeepers" suck balls, they are just more targets. Europe never could figure out that appeasment is the dumbest policy since maybe communism (in the form we all know it as, i know it's not incredibly stupid, just unabtainable thnx to human nature)

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
128shot said:
Lets think here...

We have Satellite technology, capable of seeing anything in the world..

yet, we can't even find Osama in the mountains or prove WMDs.

It's not that easy.

Also, the Leauge of Nations failed because the United States wasn't in it I believe.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Thank the Allied Powers from WWII for how useless it is. 5 countries with Veto Power on the PERMANENT Sec. Council. That's the main problem with the UN the way I see it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
That site makes absolutely no sense, denouncing the UN because you could be put on trial and have residing judges be from other countries is the whole point of the organization. The UN might work if it wasn't so overlooked. Think about it, what's the point when no one wants to abide by the decisions of the UN. We decide to enter Iraq, get no form of approval from the UN and go in anyways... and we wonder why it doesn't work.

An unedited quote from that site:
"Even more alarming, the United Nations is beginning to take aim at the God-given rights enjoyed by Americans since our great nation was founded. The right to self defense, use your own property, or even the right to have children may all be trampled if the United Nations is allowed to have the power it seeks."

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
the UN did pretty much nothing to stop the last 2 attempted genocides until it was too late
it is useless but is not the downfall of the US
the EU is the downfall of the US

1 - 20 of 29 Posts