Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Gingerbread Man
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post so go easy on me im new to this site. So i was wondering i have the (tippmann) us army carver one and i have a few questions about it. My first question, 1)would it be worth it to upgrade the carver one? i have read a ton of reviews on it and heard that, like any tippmann made marker, its very reliable and very very accurate! My ideas for the upgrade were a rufus dawg bolt system and a no kick hammer by techt. Along with a few choice mods such as a 14 or even a 16 inch j and j ceramic barrel (if 16" would be pointless please tell me) a proto primo loader and most likely a stock and foregrip. 2) Are the quick threads on the carver one identical to a tippmann model 98 and custom? i was just wondering because i was having a pain trying to fiqure out what threads i needed for my barrel. 3) Lastly, what is overall the best type of paint i would want to use for the carver one? im overwhelmed with choices for paint kinda confused with all the diff bore sizes and such i just needed to clairify a few things. Thanks hope to see a response soon. thumup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I havn't used the carver 1 except for once, and I didn't like it. I guess you could upgrade it, but personally, i would get a better gun. Tippmann guns, though are pretty reliable from what experience i have had with them. And i use a 14in J&J barrel, which i think is a perfect length. I think the 16in barrel is too long, unless you would rather "snipe", because if u used a 16in in close quarters then you wouldnt be able to manuver your gun around corners as well. I dont think i can help you on question 2 or 3, but for 3, i just use the paint that i get on the field i play on which i think is the Valken redemption ones. I hope that helped.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
1) no, its an entry level marker and sinking money into it is a never ending hole which the marker never really gets better and you spend more money than it would take to buy a used mid range marker

tippmann used to be reliable, since 04 though they are no better than the rest of the low end market, and no marker is more accurate than another, that comes down to the paint and the barrel, the marker just puts air behind the paintball it can not change accuracy. bolts have actually been tested on tippmanns to do little to nothing, some even hurt performance. hammer, same thing. a 14 or 16" J&J is cheap enough that its not going to hurt your wallet and will help accuracy, if you want to that is one thing we do typically recomend for a entry level marker around here. between 14 and 16 though its your choice, neither is going to be any differnt performance wise, and i would have expected blackbird to know by now that a longer barrel does not make you a sniper, there is no sniping in paintball, physics dont allow it.

as for the hopper, dont waste your money on another gravity hopper, save up and get a nice forcefeeder like the magna or halo too, they will help feed on this marker and will be able to keep up with whatever you eventually do get

stock and forgrip are useless

2)yes

3) really there is no "best" its what can you afford and what will not break when put through a entry level marker?, the best paints out there are very thin shelled so they break on your target easily, however entry level markers are not the easiest on paint so that can easily cause problems. i suggest you look into anything you can get your hands on made by RPS, premium is some fantastic field paint, they also make evil and marbalizer two of my all time favorites all be it expensive. on the cheaper side i have had good experience with visible impact

whatever you get it has to be .68 caliber. .50 will not work

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah I know you can't snipe in paintball. I was just saying that its harder to manuver your gun (or at least it's harder for me to) with a long barrel. If i had a longer barrel then i wouldnt be the one who is at the front of everything. And do they still sell/make the magna hopper? The store where I buy my paintball stuff said that the magna is discontinued

1 - 4 of 4 Posts