Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish I could copy and paste from the pdf...

http://sentencingproject.org/Admin/Documents/publications/dp_25yearquagmire.pdf

Well, I think using drugs is really a victimless crime, because you can't commit a crime against yourself. If the gov't can tell us what we can and can't put into our bodies, where does it end? Its a slippery slope.

While drugs like meth, crack, and heroin and many others that are far too popular are horrible for your body and cause addiction, the current system we have to 'fight' it doesn't work.

We're fighting the drug addicts for being drug addicts. And its obviously not working because there are more and more arrests every year.

Whats the solution though? Obviously some drugs are worse then others, but our current scheduling system doesn't follow any scientific or medical fact.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
arrests for mariunana and alcohol piss me off. but as a recovering opiate addict i really personally put my vote towards "this war on drugs".

weed and (responsible) people who consume alcohol are fine but otherwise other drugs should all be kept illegalized.

but if people want to **** up their own lives, the more power to ya.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
First off, I don't have problems with people using drugs. I choose not to do them, but if other people do, thats their choice, for better or worse.

When I do have a problem, is when their personal choices spill over into other people's lives. Drugs effect much more people than just the user. My father smokes marijuana and my mother is a chronic alcoholic, and both of those factors have been major inhibitors in my life.

Think of the drunk driver who gets in an accident and kills somebody else. Is that a victimless crime?
I have seen drugs and alcohol tear many families apart, almost my own.

I say, all or nothing is the most logical way to go about it. Either have everything from alcohol to opiates to crack to ecstasy legalized, or have none of it legal. Because of different people and different situations, it's impossible to say which drugs have the least adverse effects on the body and on our society, which is "least" bad.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
I think too many people are in jail for marijuana use and possession. I think our government is too much of a pussy to face the facts. Marijuana is as harmless (or harmful, depending which way you look at it) as tobacco, and should be made legal. This would make it much safer, and it would take business away from drug dealers and put it into the hands of tax-paying corporations who can be monitored by health inspectors. People would be able to get the same stuff with the peace of mind of knowing what the hell is in it.

Secondly, if we want to end the drug problem, we have to wage war against drug lords and cartels. It's as simple as that.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Alpha, to copy from a PDF file click the "select" button on the toolbar that has the text and arrow icon.

it's easy to be against this war on drugs if you've never been addicted to anything (tobacco doesn't count).
A product of this drug war is misinformation through scare tactics, which leads to people not paying attention to any of the warnings given because it's assumed they are all either exaggerated or straight up lies. If we did the same thing we've done with sexual education and told the straight scientific facts along with the pros and cons of all drugs, I think the use of things such as cocaine/crack, heroin, etc. would significantly decrease, whether or not it was legal or not.

The war on drugs is a topic that infuriates me to no end, and I could rant for quite a while about it, but for now I'm going to sit back and see what the rest of you have to say. I'll comment some more later.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
See my post on the first page of the marijuana thread for my opinion. Immunity zones would solve most of the problems drug usage brings (except for people doing them in the first place).

·
Registered
3 Posts
its a fact manorities have more involvment with heavy drugs..the fact is the us is racist and nothing can change my mind im set on this fact.There is more people in jail then ever,democracy to me is just a trick around the ultimate world police,where does free will come into play. i couldnt smoke in my front yard these days without being arrested? Until recently i was very "involved" in this subject im not going to go into details but thats my

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Has anyone ever seen the BULL****! War on drugs video?

It has those two guys Penn and Teller. It is very good i think, I watched it two years ago and liked it.

I'd love to be some military personel that gets to kick open some drug lord's house and blast his face open with an m4a1.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Wish I could copy and paste from the pdf...

http://sentencingproject.org/Admin/Documents/publications/dp_25yearquagmire.pdf

Well, I think using drugs is really a victimless crime, because you can't commit a crime against yourself. If the gov't can tell us what we can and can't put into our bodies, where does it end? Its a slippery slope.

While drugs like meth, crack, and heroin and many others that are far too popular are horrible for your body and cause addiction, the current system we have to 'fight' it doesn't work.

We're fighting the drug addicts for being drug addicts. And its obviously not working because there are more and more arrests every year.
That would mean it is working. More arrests=more effectiveness.

Legalize marijuana just like cigarettes. Make sure it doesnt fall into the hands of tobacco companies. Then put more money into our border protection and if necessary, take it to the countries producing the coke and opium, shut down the drug production at the source. Meth would be pretty hard since its domestic.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
That would mean it is working. More arrests=more effectiveness.
More arrests means the number of addicts is increasing. This indicates ineffectiveness in the drug policy.

We can't police our borders enough to get rid of the the smuggling IMO, and shutting down drug operations is just a temporary fix, other people will take over the market sooner or later. Instead, we need to legalize most or all drugs (most with very stringent restrictions) and make it uneconomical for a drug user to buy off the streets illegally. At the same time, replace the biased and often completely inaccurate drug education programs with ones that teach kids the real facts about drugs, so they'll actually start listening.

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
its a fact manorities have more involvment with heavy drugs..the fact is the us is racist and nothing can change my mind im set on this fact.There is more people in jail then ever,democracy to me is just a trick around the ultimate world police,where does free will come into play. i couldnt smoke in my front yard these days without being arrested? Until recently i was very "involved" in this subject im not going to go into details but thats my
what?

btw i personally think the government would be smart to stop trying to kill off marijuana, but instead legalize it and tax the hell out of, like they do with tobacco. imagine how much money you could make. i mean how many people honestly go through the process of making their own tobacco? you legalize marijuana, major corps will get involved and will start to mass produce the stuff, which means that you could just go down to the local 7-11 and grab a pack of joints.

it'll never happen, but you never know. <contradictory statement :)

and for other drugs: i honestly have no solution to them, crack and heroine kill, but people will use them anyways. i don't think they should ever be legalized, but it wouldn't matter because there really isn't too much you can do especially since most anyone can make their own meth lab nowadays.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts