Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I've had my case for sometime now and I didn't really pay attention to how loud it is cuz I'm usually playing a game/music pretty loud but when I'm not I can hear it from a couple doors down...Does anyone have any suggestions (aside from water cooling) that'll help shut it up some?

·
Registered
329 Posts
you could go with some sound proofing material, But you have to watch out how much you use, it can raise your temps more keep them stable. Those are quiet fan you already have, only 21 dba. Whats your CPU fan? That most likely is your problem, Give me the stats on your computer and ill tell you what you could get.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product&p_serial=CP5-8J71F&other_title=CP5-8J71FAero 7 Lite

Thats the CPU fan, I also have a 400W ThermalTake power supply but it's really not all that loud. I guess it's cuz I have a total of 5 fans going at the same time: CPU, chassis, HD, power supply and rear exhaust. As for specs on my PC: I'm running an Athlon XP 2600 on an Asus A7N8X E-Deluxe, 2 120 GB HD's, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW and 512 MB's Dual Channel DDR memory. I found vibration dampeners but I don't think thats what I'm really looking for but I'm not 100% sure either...

Edit: Well I guess I'll just lower the CPU fan down some because I have it set all the way up just to be safe because I had problems with my CPU overheating so yea it was the CPU fan. If my system shuts down automatically I'll know if it's too low. BTW, how often should I change my thermal compound and is there any way to hook up a neon light to my HDD LED on my mobo?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
3mag5num7 said:
...to hook up a neon light to my HDD LED on my mobo?
I like this idea. I'm going to look into that with one of these computers I have here, unless someone beats me to it by posting that it's been done.

On a side note, most of your noise is probably just the CPU fan. I have 4 fans in my case and it is almost silent because the cpu is waterblocked. Before doing that the thing sounded like a hair dryer just because of that one fan. Turn it down when you're not pushing the system, and turn it up when you're going to be doing anything intense. Or you might be able to set it to be temperature controled. Some fan kits come with the parts needed.

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason I asked about the HDD LED is because my case only has a tiny red LED on the front of the case and I have my case sideways so I can admire the beauty of it. Damn! I just ordered from xoxide yesterday and I don't wanna pay shipping for 1 item only :( maybe some other time because that looks like a nifty little piece of hardware there. So yea, I did lower the speed of the CPU fan and wow big difference. BTW, does anyone know what the average operating temperature for a CPU should be? Mine is running around 45-49 degrees Celsius. Oh yea and does anyone know that about how often I hafta change the thermal compound?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
buy me a couple of the blue cold cathode and led fans. i need a couple. def buy yourself a fan controller, i need one of those too. my monster has 8 or 9 fans right now... hear it up the hall. it'll pwn just about any off the shelf dell tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts