Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any advice on what i should get? cons/pros of pumps. its hard to ask questions about somethin i dont know much about :-D

·
Registered
426 Posts
It really depends on what kind of play you want to do, stock class "10-15 round tubes and 12 grams", moddified stock "10-15 round tube with a tank", regular pump play "hopper and tank". If you want to play stock class, the phantom is a nice choice. If you want to play regular pump, I would go with a illusion or sterling or a sniper 2.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think ill prolly end up going regular pump since i shell out enuff for paint i really dont wanna add 12grams to the bill too ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hmm I wonder if there is a way to get the Sticky Pump FAQ back. There I had given a pretty through what U need to know about pumping (whoha there I mean Paintball) But (accordin to me) You will want a good pump a superiour barrel (to be able to hit what U aim at somwhat offsets the ROF disadvantage) and a Syphon tank go for a 12oz its a good balance between flexibility and CO2 amount). Some of the guys her in the forum will disagree and say that you should have a anti syphon. The pro of that is that you have a very constant Gas preasure, the Pro of syphon is that you can use a lighter spring since the valve lets through liquid instead of gas (need to be open shorter).

And if you are going to play woodball gat a Good mask that does NOT have negative effect on your hearing :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already have an anti-siphon tank (24oz) that i used for my cocker before i got compressed air.
If i go for a marker that has autococker thread i have a freak barrel too

I play woods ball 90% of the time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you want to check out a phantom a good place to buy them are:
www.whitewolfairsmithing.com.
He has pretty good discounts from the dealers price.
12 grams are pretty cheap here too - $.44

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think im prolly gonna go with a sniper(after market) since i already have a autococker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts