Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a buddy of mine about buying a Mini and he said "They're not worth it, they're retarded guns"...

I've used a Mini before that belonged to my cousins friend and his mini was stock and had a halo hopper and a 68 cubic in compressed air tank

I was thing about buying a Mini but i dont want my friend to call me a tool because i like a gun he doesnt. does anybody have an advice? or any recommendations about Mini's and what to use with them? because i'm thinkin Mini for a Christmas present to myself this year :D

thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, when i used it before it was practically brand new (beginning of august is when i used) and he since got an Ego from his friend so he doesnt want the mini---and i'm wondering if its worth buying or not cause right now i have an SP Ion and i want something different. although i plan on keeping the ion as a backup unless i find an offer i just absolutely cant refuse

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
"They're not worth it, they're retarded guns"...
just tell him, that he is not worth it and he is a retarded friend...

it will be an upgrade from a ion for sure. like martix said, just pick up a gen 2

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome. nothing but good things about Mini's...

should i get anything but the halo and the 68cu? i'm planning on getting a 14' barrel but i dont know what i should get besides that.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
theres plenty of better hoppers than the halos just depends on how much you want to spend, and if your talking about a 68/45 thats a great idea. as for a barrel, well theres lots of barrels that come in 14" size so saying "a 14" barrel" doesnt really tell us at all what your looking at. the stock barrel on the mini is pretty good though and i think it already is 14"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its 12' i'm fairly certain
and i was thinking CP 14' but i'm sure there are other brands that are just as reliable as CP

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
stock barrel is going to be better than a CP, CP is just a aluminum tube nothing special, and so is the stock barrel, wish i could remember exactly which one it was though. but putting a $30 barrel on a $350 marker (or whatever they are going for now) is gennerally a downgrade (unless its a milsim marker)

·
(b '_')b
858 Posts
The mini is far from being a bad marker.
The only upgrades are maybe a new barrel, the stock one is pretty good but i'd get a new one.

·
(b '_')b
858 Posts
i agree. Since its auto cocker it'll work with the other 85% of markers out there if you decide to get a back up or a different marker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts