Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so im seriously thinking about purchasing an Etek 2. will i be happy with my purchse if i do? im used to a 98 custom w/ some upgrades. i want to get more into competitive play. and is the e tek2 really THAT loud? louder than a tippmann? also i have a buddy that can get me a used '07 etek2 for $400. should i do that or fork out the extra $150 to get a brand new '08 one? please help me out here. thanks

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Compared to other markers in it's performance tier, it's VERY loud. Compared to a tippmann, it's probably about the same.

Will you be happy? We can't tell you, unless you want me to cut your brain out and study it to know in depth the way you think. That would, unfortunately, have the small side effect of your death. So you may not want that.

However, what I CAN tell you is that the Etek2 with upgrades can perform as well as a true Ego, only the weight will never be comparable. They're fast, efficient, and with Zick kit + QEV don't kick that bad. It'll be much lighter, faster, effienct, shorter, basically better in every way, shape, and form performance-wise from a Tippmann. However, you WILL need a nice hopper to keep up with it.
IMO, you'd probably be happy with it. But no gaurantees. Unless you do want me to do the labotomy. In which case, just pop on over any night...I'll make the time. :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've already got a 68/45 hpa tank. so these run off high pressure then?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts