Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The reason I bring this up is because my buddy just got a GS eclipse and we've got a turbo laying in his garage from a GST or GSX 1st gen and we're going to turbo his clipse, run at about 8 psi stock, then upgrade the engine a bit and buy a bigger turbo and boost a good 18-22 psi.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DaBluedevil said:
careful, gs engines aren't as beefy as gst/gsx. You might blow it if youp ut to much boost at first.
Yeah we're aware that the 420a sucks.. lol. We're not going to be boosting much yet. Not until we build the engine up then we'll boost it hella.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doomsday said:
Sounds like an out of tune vacuum. :)
I don't think so... reason I say it sounds nice, is because almost every import sounds like a fartcan. This actually sounds nice.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
If he's still on the T25 he is a moron. I don't think I'd waste my time on a Turbo'd 420A. Best bet would to be to sell his eclipse and shell out a little extra to get the GST. If a 420A is all you have to work with, then go for it. But if you want to swap the motor, its really not even gonna be worth it. But, if you use the good 'ole 14B from a 1st Gen, you'd be suprised how much power that little hairdryer is actually good for. They've ran as low as 11.932 @ 111. I'd stick with the 14B and give her a good tuning if you're on a budget.

BTW,
I should upload the one that I have of a 95 GSX stomping a hole in a firebird forumula from a stop. Firebird uses nitrous from a roll, and still gets murdered.
Let me know if anyone wants to see it. I have craploads of DSM videos.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
GSX>GST from a stop, but if rolling...

GST>GSX

But...id still rather have a gsx...and youd do better to sell the 420a, better internally, and already plumbed for turbo, better compression and so on.

And then you can be "Reppin the f***in 4g63 fo life dawg" but just as long as your not smellin tranny fluid...

·
1,751 Posts
RBomaha03 said:
GSX>GST from a stop, but if rolling...

GST>GSX

But...id still rather have a gsx...and youd do better to sell the 420a, better internally, and already plumbed for turbo, better compression and so on.

And then you can be "Reppin the f***in 4g63 fo life dawg" but just as long as your not smellin tranny fluid...
You sure about that? I know RWD>AWD from a roll. But does FWD ever outperform AWD?

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ComradeMolyneux said:
Yup, a black '03 Sierra. Would you like to see a picture? Or are you just going to believe me based on I have no reason to **** you.
Dyno sheet?

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
Well it will go "Off-road" once I get my dirtbike fixed. Which was the whole reason for buying it in the first place. But alas, I have no time to either buy the tool I need to fix it, or take it to the honda shop to get it fixed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts