Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its 6:51 and i'm getting ready to leave to make the drive to the dentists office...

No, i'm not a pussy that is afraid of my regular check up....

I have to go get my wisdom teeth out today. :(

Wish me luck guys....and no pain...

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Awesome. If they give you one those ice pack holders that looks like a head bra, get pics and post them here. I don't know if they still use those things, but I got one when I had my wisdom teeth out and I still maintain that not a single person on the planet can look cool with one of those on.

If you're anything like me, I won't expect a response very soon. I went in at around 9 am on Thursday, they knocked me out around 10:30 (yes, by my own request), and I didn't wake up until Saturday morning at 11 am. :eek:

-allstarunited gets owned by any and every drug that knocks you out

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
yea, i had surgery on my arm, and when they knocked me out, i was out for 12+ hours past wat i normally shopuld have been, i too got pwned by knockout drugs

nut anyway, good luck with that, hope it doesnt hurt teh bad

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I had to get a root canal once and my dentist kept numbing the wrong places and he has to puncture my nerve endings and numb them there and it still hurt so bad, i had a tear come out of my eyes. And then i found out he ****ed it up, because there are still nerves left inside. So a total of three days of about 4 hours sitting in that chair AND THE ****ED IT UP GOD DAMN IT!

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
p8ntballweird said:
just don't get a boner when you're all the way leaned back in a laydown seat... long story, but man it blew ass... damn hot dentist lady.
lmao. i've had a semi-boner half the day... :sly:

well obviously i'm back. all went well, it was quite funny actually.

first i got vallum, did NOTHING. absolutely NOTHING.
then of course several doses of local anestetic.

now comes the funny part. he decided to take out only the bottom ones today. He got started on the first tooth and he's prying and pullin and such, suddenly i feel the pressure just snap and its gone. i'm thinkin wtf. and he's like "well i have never had this happen before..." His large pry/pick tool had BROKEN. my tooth broke the tip off of his friggin tool. he had to to drill out my tooth to get it out, then continue to pry and such.

All went fine, got em out, 2nd one came out easy after some extra numbing. Tad sore, nothing major though. My friggin lips and tounge are so friggin numb! i can't feel a bloody thing! :p

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
p8ntballweird said:
just don't get a boner when you're all the way leaned back in a laydown seat... long story, but man it blew ass... damn hot dentist lady.
damn virgins....haha :D

enjoy the painkillers. my dad's a dentist. i know and have seen people that get them pulled, yea it hurts but its not too bad.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
nissantunerdude said:
glad it went well when i had mine done they didnt use any painkiller
thats a complete and utter lie. ive watched wisdom teeth be pulled. you could not sit through that without painkilling anesthetics.

sorry :)

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
i cant wait till i get mine pulled, i think i go in next week

see, i have one wisdom tooth that instead of growing up like my other 3, decided to be a dumbass and is growing sideways into my other teeht

long story short, the entire left side of my mouth has hurt like hell for a month, i can only chew with the right side of my mouth, and that takes alot more time to chew things

so now my cereal gets soggy before i can finnish it

and that makes me sad

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
dhill0413 said:
thats a complete and utter lie. ive watched wisdom teeth be pulled. you could not sit through that without painkilling anesthetics.

sorry :)
i have a very high pain tolerance and it the truth the guy did it to a whole bunch of people one of his nurses turned him into the police and he was arrested and shut down

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ hahahaha. that has to suck. i can just see him getting pwn't in court.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
nissantunerdude said:
i have a very high pain tolerance and it the truth the guy did it to a whole bunch of people one of his nurses turned him into the police and he was arrested and shut down
no way man. maybe you didnt get painkillers afterwards but when they are slicing into your gums with a knife and wrenching your 4 biggest teeth....you dont do that without a numbing shot.

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Or, even worse, a common practice used to remove wisdom teeth is to smash them into small pieces with a drill, then remove the [more manageable] small pieces. I don't care how much of a "tough guy" all your little earrings make you; you're not going to just sit through that.

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Getting my wisdom teeth was one of the funner times in my life. They gave me these pills beforehand which made me stoned as hell, and I got lots of maximum strenght vicodin, and I got to miss school, it didn't hurt at all, in fact I remember laughing as they were pulling out my teeth at one point. It was awesome, don't sweat it.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
damn, i remember when i got mine pulled in i think Febuary. Hurst like a biznatch. All 4 at once, he knocked me out and when i got home slept on my couch for 6hrs. Then i felt terrible and didn't eat anything. Threw up, took some vicoden (hadn't eaten, not smart there) threw up 2x more. Then it got better. But yeah, the dull pain and lack of anything to do really drags it down.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts