Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. My boss secretly set up some hidden cameras at my work and 15 people (not me) got caught for stealing money and other things. So, that leaves me and 7 other people until my boss hires some more people. The problem is that 3 of the people that are left are on vacation. So, today I started work at 5 pm and I am working until 5 am (im on my first break and im on my bosses computer). Then I get an 8 hour break and then I work from 1pm-11pm. Then, the next day, I work 5am-9pm. And then the next day I work form 9am until 9pm. I'm doing this until the people get back from vacation and/or my boss hires some more people. I volunteered to work all these hours because he's paying my $25 an hour under the table, as opposed to my regular $8.20 an hour. So ya, I'll be at work more than anywhere else this week. I should bring a matress there and sleep there lol.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Dude, I would LOVE to take that over for you. You get 25 bucks an hour for sleeping behind the counter for 12 hours...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Man, for $25 an hour, I wouldn't be complaining. I have had employees work 30 hours straigt, with NO break, by themselves, for $6 bucks an hour. And you CAN"T slack off, or you will burn up $10,000 worth of equipment, and shut down operations for a week, where another $30,000 can be lost. Talk about responsibility!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes, $25/hour might sound great, but working 12 hour days for any stretch of time will burn you out, especially when your shifts are 8 hours apart. I work for my friend's dad (he owns a small finish millwork wholesale shop) driving a box truck making deliveries to housing developments. Trust me, it sucks to work five 12's in a row (I had to do that one week...) regardless of how much money you make. By the time friday rolls around, all you want to do is lay down and go to sleep.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
but when you do go to sleep, you can dream of what you'll do with all that money

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just found out I'm working 5am-9pm thursday, friday, and saturday. So thats like 98 hours in one week. I think I might die before this week is over. Im really tired, but I cant get to sleep. Oh yeah, I work at a dunkin' donuts /gas station type of thing. I make the bagels and I help customers, sweep, mop, etc. My whole spring break is ruined now. I gotta go back to work at 1 and I still havent gotten any sleep. By the end of this week, my body will be running on espresso and nothing else.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts