Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke my knee yesterday and tore a ligament playing football. The ligament actually ripped off a chunk of bone when it came off and i'm going to get arthriscopic surgery. Plus im in this annoying "knee imobilizer" that supposed to keep my knee straight. 4 weeks till i get surgery and its literally impossible for me to get into the shower without me agravating my knee bad. Medic u got any tips besides pain killers to make the pain go away?

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
damn that really sucks, my dad tore his ligament and he was out for months

rehab is gonna suck too

·
Registered
23 Posts
Keep Ice and Pressure on it, Use an Ace bandage,Move it little as possible,I know the Immobalizer sucks but you have to wear it, I Sprained my Knee badly a few months ago and im still having problems,I Had to wear a Big Immobalizer also..

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
See if you can get an ICE PUMP.. its a wrap and a cooler with a pump. You fill the cooler with Ice and water, wrap the special wrap around your knee and then turn on the pump. It then circulates cold water through the wrap. It feels SOOOO Good! Of course anti-inflamitories like Ibuprophen work good too. Just be carefull with the vicodin as you will get hugely constipated from opiod analgesics.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
MedicDVG said:
Just be carefull with the vicodin as you will get hugely constipated from opiod analgesics.
I was constipated for like 2 weeks from vicodin...i took it for like 4 daysl....and was still constipated for another like 8 days.....(this is when i broke my arms) it sucked...

Anyways....Why is your surgery so long away?!

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
my next door neighbor just broke his coller bone playin football in the yard with some of us about a weak ago. he cant ball for awhile. owell its to cold.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
that really sux. ya i jumped on my friend's back in the mall and he flipped me over his shoulder and i landed on the marble floor directly on my knee. I broke my femur and i ripped my ACL. luckily it was a small enough tear that it would heal on its own. i was in a knee imobilizer for a while but it kept bruising near the injury so i shoved sox in it for it to stop

but ya your situation really sux. good luck w/ that surgery

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
it was right above the knee. they said it hit some growth plate or something. it was minor but ya. the first set of xrays didnt show it. then like 2 weeks later they saw it and said it was too late to put on a cast. so they said we'll watch it for the next 4 weeks and see if it needs to be repaired (just in case it grew back incorrectly) and last tuesday i saw the orthopedic surgeon and he said it was fine

i was supposed to be in excrutiating pain apparently but i wasnt...peculiar

EDIT: ya my bro is like head emt and he said the same thing

·
Banned
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
medic thanks ill look into that ice-pump. I think i could have agravated it becase i broke it a 5 oclock, then walked about a mile home. I thought it would ware off the next day so I later at like 7 walked to my friends house about another mile away. While I was walking my knee started to swell up like crazy litterally 3 times the size of my other knee. So i thjink nothign of it then stay at my friends house until 9 oclock then I walked home another mile and realized that i was in excrutiating pain. So i'm guessing i made it alot worse. Medic also do u have any ways to prevent swelling of the face from hives? I get hives randomly every day and know my eye is swelling like crazy

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
my freind broke his collar bone(playing touch football, lol) and he got that ice pump thing, and he was crazy about it, said it worked really well.

O

·
0 Posts
Morphine, my grandpa has lots of it left over from the war. JK, don't ban me, please?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts