Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My buddy started usuing creatine about a week ago and says he's getting AMAZING results... but some ppl have told me that creatine turns into the same Steroid chemical in ur body and can make your testicals shrink..

any of ya'll have ne expirence w/ Creatine.

and whats ur thougts on it?

--Jared

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
creatawhachamacallit???

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
I've been using it for 2+ years, though only the past 6 months or so have I been using it consistanty (5-7 times a week) I haven't experianced 'miracluous' results or anything, but I can definitely tell the difference now from when i didn't use creatine.. Haven't experianced any side effects either (sexual or otherwise)

My Suggestion:
Creatine Monohydrate
Mega Whey Protien (1-2 daily)
Megan Men (or any other brand) multivitamin (2 daily)
Total EFA (3 daily)
Nirtro 02 (nitric oxide stimulator... increases muscle recovery, endurance, etc..)(6 daily)
1-2 gallons of water (daily)

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
creatine is fine now that ball shrinking thing is fake. he may have "amazing" results right now but most of that is water so he might lose most of that and lose his gains. and any extra creatine is pissed out.

·
•••Play with Heart•••
306 Posts
bunkertime said:
Hey guys,

My buddy started usuing creatine about a week ago and says he's getting AMAZING results... but some ppl have told me that creatine turns into the same Steroid chemical in ur body and can make your testicals shrink..

any of ya'll have ne expirence w/ Creatine.

and whats ur thougts on it?

--Jared
Nope thats andro that turns steroid into your body they dont know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
my coach, who was a big time weight lifter and still is, recommends just eating tuna. It's got just as much protein, tastes better, and costs less. U should be able to get a damn big jar/whatever of it also for less $ then creatine.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
^yeah, that's why my coach likes it. It gives u exactlly what the creatin and other products like it ahve. But it doesn't taste like crap and is healty for you.

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
but in my muscle milk, 3 shakes which are very very good, i get about 100 grams of protein and all of the fat and carbs i need

ive been using creatine for a while but you HAVE to work out while taking it or else it doesnt work

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
It doesn't matter how much protein you get in one sitting, if it's more than 15 grams, your body will simply flush it through. Even if it's not 15 Grams, there's a certain amount your body will be willing to take per day before your system doesn't take anymore, and it's WAY below 60 Grams.

This wednesday, in fact I'll be on Creatine, a Protein suppliment and Vitamin B&C Suppliments. I was looking into NO2, however. Decided to go with the Creatine. One of the different types of Creatine I hear actually has NO2 in it, anyway.

I know several people on it, as well and they all have shown definite results.

·
12,110 Posts
YOu know your body produces creatin itsself. My brother was on it, and he was pretty jacked wya back wen. Now he's a fatass and I could kick his ass.

I say just work hard the natural(er) way. Eat right, and make a workout schedule that suits you. Remember to let your muscles mend afte an intense workout. Dont do the same muscle group all the time.

And I'll let dHill take it away

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
As a former and current user of Creatine, i think i have a few tidbits of input i can contribute.

My first experience with creatine was with muscletech's products called Cell-Tech. It is a premixed powder containing creatine, dextrose sugar, alpha lipoic acid, and other ingredients that will benefit a weightlifter. Im not gonna explain what each ingredient does, but i will say cell tech is a nice product. I experienced great gains with it and didnt have any side effects besides some awkward ****s for the first few days of use. Its freakin expensive though, too expensive to continue in using for me. I was off of creatine for about 6 months and noticed a significant loss in weight and a little size, but my continued constant lifting kept my strength up, and the loss in weight and size was acceptable in my opinion.

Next, i went to www.supplementdirect.com and ordered the store brand of dextrose sugar and pure creatine...the two main ingredients of celltech. Now, i could get 4 times the doses that celltech delivers for that price. Now plain creatine and dextrose worked well, but not as well as celltech. Alpha lipoic acid and a few other ingredients in celltech gave it the edge, but the price difference was simply not worth it.

I used the dextrose/creatine stack for about a year off and on, up until last may. I stopped simply to see what gains i could make without creatine and cuz i didnt want to continue spending money.

Recently i started a supplement called Thermo-Gain. Its also made by muscletech. It is a musclebuilding thermogenic, which means it is a fat burner and weight gainer combined. i got it at the best price at www.bodybuilding.com and so far...its awesome. I am on my 2nd bottle of my 2 bottle cycle, and it works great. Ive noticed i am more defined and am gaining strength at the same time. The energy it gives me is great as well.

What do i think about creatine? Its great if used correctly. That link Gabriot posted is extremely biased. First off, its a diabetic using it, and i dunno much about the bio/chemistry there but he should be getting doctor recommendations before using any supplement. Second, the nausea, cramping, and depression that were listed as symptoms by the person who answered his questions will only occur if you do not hydrate. I made the mistake when i first started using cell-tech of not drinking the recommended amount of water while using cell-tech, and i experienced cramping. You NEED to stay hydrated while on creatine, and if you dont then you are stupid.

Creatine does not turn into the same "steroid chemical" like your friend claims. It also does not make your balls shrink. After using it off and on for almost 3 years, i can guarentee you that it does not shrink your balls.

It is a great supplement that will help anyone trying to gain strength. It is not a cureall though. It will only be beneficial if you have a good nutrition plan(with lots of proteins spread throughout your day) and a good workout plan that is intensive. Creatine is not for the average guy who gets into the gym 3 times a week. You should be in the gym 5 or more times a week if you want to get good results out of creatine.

So yea, its good if used correctly in conjunction with a good nutritional plan and workout schedule. And stay hydrated.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts