Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to get some thumb screws to eliminate any need for tools while field stripping, and make cleaning much faster.

I found something called, "Pro Team 98 Nickel Thumb Screws" at 1 website, but they are out of stock. After much searching, the only 'thumb screw' type items I can find are the short ones for computer cases and such. I found the perfect black anodized set, but I think theyare too small.

I even went to my local Home Depot, but all they had were a few different types of wingnuts, which would work except they stick out a little TOO much.

Does anyone know:

1. Where can I find something to replace the allen screws for my Custom Pro
2. What size/dimensions the stock screws are so I can narrow my search a bit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any ideas where I can find these kits? Maybe I just didn't look hard enough, but all I found was the one site that was out.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I'm sure another store/website will be glad to sell you a set.

I have the nickel ones, but I gotta say it's easier to keep the old hex screws tighter than it is to use the thumb screw ones. The other thing is, the screw that is normally nearly under the grip by the tank asa will either have to remain a hex screw, or you'll have to cut the grips so the head of the thunb screw will fit.

Model98.net used to have the exact sizes and threads of all the screws listed, but it seems to have died.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts