Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday, I decided it was time to put somethin in ma trunk.

Since everything in my car is alpine, I'd like to keep it that way. Called up the stereo place, and the lowest price they could give me for an all type r woofer system was 900.

So, I got thrifty, and found this last night.
Sonic Sub box

Rockford Fosgate CP4POS Type RF

Alpine MRP-M850 500x1 rms @ 4 ohms

Alpine SWR-1222D (TYPE R) Dual 2 ohms, will be wired into 4 ohms

all this comes up to 518 shipped. :d

Watcha think???

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wait, found a digital power amp, outta stock right now but......

Rockford Fosgate Power T5001bd

this one look much better?
now we're talking 540 for everything installed. bout like 60 less than the previous set up

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Alpine MRP-M650
600x1 at 2 ohms, I swapped to a dual 4 ohm voice coil type r and I'll have them turn it down for me.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
When you order that wiring kit you get a free upgrade to the kicker kit (which is quite nice). Part# 05PK4

Get the dual 2 ohm sub, wire it down to 1ohm, power it with this (link below), and your done. Your also saving about $70 this way also.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10449_Clif+Designs+CD10.1LX+Factory+Refurbished.html#

Not a lot of people have heard about these but I have seen what they can put out and it's good stuff. They are quite nice amps especially for that price they can't really be beat.

My $.02

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THank u for the info, but I really don't wanna go with a refurb b/c I've had a bad experience with one, and I really don't wanna go through it again. *amp messed up, and blew my 6x9 speakers and then a woofer...* Plus I've never really heard of them so I'm gonna have to pass. The RF wiring kit was 49$ I believe,

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2291_Rockford+Fosgate+CP4POS+Type+RF.html

still unsure bout which amp I'm gonna go with. But thank you for the advice pierced, i may take it into consideration. But it'll prolly sell way before I can buy it cuz mom is waiting on her money to pay me back and her 401k thing is saying they never recieved payment so she can't close out her account yet...

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for double post but...at 1 ohm that amp puts out 750..I want 500 b/c I don't know how safe that sub's gonna be pushing more than 500 w rms at it.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Sorry for double post but...at 1 ohm that amp puts out 750..I want 500 b/c I don't know how safe that sub's gonna be pushing more than 500 w rms at it.
When matching amps to subs you want something thats about mid ways between your RMS wattage and MAX wattage. So 750w would be fine, also that number was probably achieved be giving the amp a constant 14.4v. Most cars when running will give you mid 13v so that RMS wattage will be a little lower.

But in the end it's all up to you, go with what you want. thumup:

w6 ftw. Im getting 2. Or get a w3, very cheap.
I'm thinking of going with 4 or 6 Elemental Designs 7Kv.2 subs and gettin rid of the 15s.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Type X is the ****.

But, a type R will blow that box apart. Im getting Two 12" Type R's in a ported box with a 1000watt Alpine amp for $375. Subs are still in the plastic wrap, and will be going in my Foxbody hatch.

It pays to have a brother in the custom install field.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
um.........when u say they'll blow that box apart, u don't mean literally right???

Anyways, this is going to be the loudest **** i've ever had in my car. Current set up is gonna be a type r 12" dual 4 ohm subwoofer wired into two ohms, an alpine mpr m650 amp 600w rms @ 2 ohms, kicker wiring kit, *have to "special order" the rockford fosgate wiring kit, even tho it's added into the shopping cart, it's an automatic upgrade*, and a sonic electronix box matched with the needed air specifications for a sealed.

Now: Here come the questions.
1.I've been reading a lot where people have "tuned" their boxes. How the **** does this work???
2. I'm gonna try to get a ported enclosure from alpine, where can i find a good deal on one and which would u reccomend.
3. 1337, dunno if u still have it, but on the alpine cde 9852 cd player, the bass engine has a thing that goes from 1-4, and 60-120.....wtf? I have it on 1 and 60 and it beats pretty hard on the type r speakers, is that a good setting?

Anyways, i'm really curious as to how many db's i'm gonna get. my 6x9's are pretty impressive with bass *although they will be tamed to just -7 *bass all down* after woofer*, so I'm really anticipating how my sub set up is gonna be.

More:
Eventually, I'm wanting to get some tweeters *Alpine of course*, does my head unit have extra wires, or will I have to get a small multi channel amp???? I'm lookin to get quite a bit of tweetin.

Do I need any other audio components speakerwise? or would speakers, tweeters, and a woofer be ok?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update:
Still going with the mpr-m650 amp, Type R subwoofer 12", Kicker 05PK4 wiring kit:

However: I switched websites to www.techtronics.com and saved a substantial amount of money.
I've been talking with a guy at selective audio and customs about this set up and such. The shop is gonna make me a ported box designed to specifications of the woofer, tune the amp, test the true rms and set the gain at proper levels, all for 192.60. Expensive, but i got the money.

This Type r is going to ****ing SLAM. I'm gettin excited and i will be db testing after install.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
damn, nice setup. Going through selective audio i'd be paying a lot more than that so i'm guessing he caught some good deals on the set up.

Just a question. My bro's got 2 rockford fosgate p1 12's in a sealed enclosure, 300w total rms, and mine is jus gonna be 1 12 at 500 rms in a ported enclosure.Even tho each of his 12's are only gettin a constant 150, who do u think's gonna slam harder?

·
TooMuch****inGREENandGREY
1,292 Posts

My Bro's system. $960 bucks, but I tell ya, those R12's bump like a mother****er.

he's thinking about going dual amp, 2 1700 watt amps.
with that amp hes pushing maybe 500 watts.....not 1700

Not saying it doesnt bang, but yea......adding another amp just like the one he could end up hurting him because he would have to wire everything differently. If they are dual 2 ohm im assuming he is running a total of 2 ohms....if he gets another amp and put one sub to each amp he would have to run 4 ohms therefore lowering his power output by almost half.

Then again i could be completly off on this.

But........If hes dual 4 ohm.......Go for it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
K, I ask cuz his system does bump pretty hard, it bounces of the back hatch *hackback 91 camaro* and it slams pretty hard, i just wanna know if that type r is gonna do the same or more.

but anyways, does the current set up seem like a good choice?

Type r dual 4, mpr-m650, kicker wiring kit and ported box?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts