Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done removing mod status from all the old inactive staff. It was a bittersweet moment, but I feel it was necessary. I then realized that I have the ability to add and remove forums/sub forums.

What sort of things would you guys like to see? I'm going to combine all the "retired" companies into a single forum, and add the new companies. It may give this place a fighting chance. I imagine most people won't stick around, but it'll be refreshing to see a forum that's up to date at least.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel like there's a lot of redundant sub-forums; Look for some of them to merge.

Also, If anyone is willing help me out with this, I'd love it. It's a lot of stuff for one person to handle. It's going to take several hours of work, per person I think. The vbulletin background aren't necessarily hard to use, but it's tedious.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
This may be slightly picky and wrong, but I would like to see the news section closer to the top. If we use it right, it should be one of the most active/important section.

Maybe combine some of the stuff at the bottom of the page. My suggestion would be to combine the Mods and Staff(Forum tech support and Mod and admin chat), Banned User Log, and Paintballforum.com Forum Help Desk.

You also have a Kingman group and a STBB group which mentions Kingman(spyders). Just always thought that was odd.

Also, to be somewhat legitimate, they(new owners) should have the supporting vendors at the top of the page. Not really right to have them at the bottom between stuff that never gets looked at.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This may be slightly picky and wrong, but I would like to see the news section closer to the top. If we use it right, it should be one of the most active/important section.

Maybe combine some of the stuff at the bottom of the page. My suggestion would be to combine the Mods and Staff(Forum tech support and Mod and admin chat), Banned User Log, and Paintballforum.com Forum Help Desk.

You also have a Kingman group and a STBB group which mentions Kingman(spyders). Just always thought that was odd.

Also, to be somewhat legitimate, they(new owners) should have the supporting vendors at the top of the page. Not really right to have them at the bottom between stuff that never gets looked at.
I'm certainly not anywhere near being done. I hit a stopping point last night and went to bed. Your suggestions are great.

Can anyone who is not a moderator tell me how badly the "paintball chat" section got re-arranged? I tried to merge some sections together, and somehow all the paintball chat posts got moved to the "new player" section. I'm pretty sure that I can't reverse it, either. Not unless I do it post by post. (and that's not going to happen) It's odd, because I don't remember telling it to move anything to the new player section, especially not the paintball chat stuff.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Your doing a great job so far. I may have some more suggestions later. County is under a state of emergency since the storms, so I hate my life right now. :hug:

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When we're done with everything, I think I'm going to try to pull people from facebook groups over here. Facebook is a horrible place to have actual conversations, but the ease of it's use on a phone may trump any other inconvenience. It's very hard to compete with facebook, especially since we have no forum ability to send phone notifications.

·
Super Moderator
3,815 Posts
- GoG and Smart Parts are seperate?
- i'm with toxic, group the last 4 together. but why do we have a helpdesk and a tech support? do they not serve the same thing?
- possibly update the description of "other markers" to a more current list.
- reverse kingman and spyder clones. but STBB with vendors underneath that. (which would bring azodin into that fold)

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Big changes this morning. User name colors based on join dates are now gone. There were too many colors, and it was confusing.
The only colors that you'll see on member names now are to establish moderators, and to signify members who have an active premium account. I'm not sure what happens to the user titles if you edit them. they may loose the color, an then again they may not.

The super-secret PFB "cool kids" user group has also been removed. I'm sure it had a reason for existing, but that was years ago.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
do the mfgr forums even get enough traffic to justify keeping?
My goal is to update them; when people come in and see that everything is up to date, they might actually use it. I get the feeling that the forums have been out of date for so long that nobody bothers trying to use them. building and combining subforums doesn't take much time, really. It's a lot of background stuff that I'm working on that is going to take the time.

I mean, we didn't even have Planet Eclipse. It was so old that it was simple "Eclipse"

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
The problem I see will be companies that offer/ed STBB's like Bob Long, Dragun, Odyssey, Rex that also offered other markers. Dragun M1/2 are cocker clones, Odyssey same, Rex same plus the FASORS, Bob obviously has everything he has, etc...

I'd say just dump the STBB section personally.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The problem I see will be companies that offer/ed STBB's like Bob Long, Dragun, Odyssey, Rex that also offered other markers. Dragun M1/2 are cocker clones, Odyssey same, Rex same plus the FASORS, Bob obviously has everything he has, etc...

I'd say just dump the STBB section personally.
that's why the STBB(spyder clone) section it tacked in underneath kingmann.

Speaking of Kingmann, why have they been the last few years? Azodin is blowing them out of the water.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts