Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that it's about time to retire my old Xtra, which I have used 3 times a month over 5 years now. It still works great, almost as good as the day I took it out of the box, but I'm about ready for an upgrade to something electronic.

I'm looking for a decent Woodsball marker, which will be used recreationally in the forseeable future, but we eventually may get a team together.

Kingman has been good to me, so I've decided to keep my business with them. I'm currently stuck in decision between several of their markers, with a budget of ~$350.

Option A: Buy a less-expensive marker (E-99 or Imagine comes to mind) and use left over money for upgrades (excluding Barrel; I have a 14" Armson Stealth that I really enjoy), or...

Option B: Buy an higher-end Spyder marker, like the Fenix, in hopes that it will perform with a noticeable difference to the Imagine and such, or...

Option c: Buy a solid, reliable Mech body (Shutter or Rodeo) and put a decent Electronic trigger frame on it. (I'd rather not have to resort to this.)

Please give me suggestions!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would go with a different brand. Get an Ion or something along that line.

·
Registered
130 Posts
PizzaMiLiTiA said:
Kingman has been good to me, so I've decided to keep my business with them.
.......You guys blind? He doesn't want an Ion or a Tippmann or anything else. Read what he has to say before telling him to get an Ion. They aren't the best thing ot there.

Anyway, PizzaMilitia - I think that you should go for a Pilot, Electra, or a Fenix. Nice, reliable Spyders that come with the right upgrades stock, and are easy to add on to. I have a Pilot and I love it. And now, these three guns all come with the ACS Bolt stock. The Electra comes with a Rocking Trigger Stock. The Fenix has a Reg (not very good, but still a reg). The new Pilot has and awesome look to it, as does the electra. So of any of these three guns, you can't go wrong. I would reccomend one of them.

- Junkie

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would go with a rodeo because it costs only $250 about(including gun) to get a nice barrel, electro hopper, and an electro trigger. Since you already have a barrel that is about $30 less but with that 30 you can get an ACS.

RODEO:
regulator
x-chamber
electro trigger
electro hopper
ACS bolt

Right there is just as good as a high end spyder like a pilot or a fenix and if it isn't your stil have $100 left til u reach your budget. Mech spyder are very durable too and if they do break they are a cinch to field strip or fix.
Consider that there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts