Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
im sure ya'll know by now im a supporter of chevy muscle engineering, and when i saw the 10 second roadrunner has a chevy drive-train, it made me smile :)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
no wai, mopar big blocks have the same header and valve covers design as a small block chevy?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
yea, some small block chevys have a special kit that drives the distributor at the front of the engine, its not that common, but i figured it was that.

you can bolt a turbo 400 onto a mopar block?

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
PAT McCORMICK said:
you can bolt a turbo 400 onto a mopar block?
They make adapters for almost any major motor design to almost any major transmission. I've got one sitting in the garage to mate a chevy smallblock to a Ford three speed crash box.

·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ComradeMolyneux said:
You can get adapters.

Here's my question, why build a 383? Why not build a 440?
Had a couple 383 blocks and thought it might be fun to make near 700 horsepower without any turbochargers, superchargers, or nitrous.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Great looking/performing car.

What are puttin down HP wise? And how much was the total cost of the car if you dont mind.

My brother and I are looking to do a similar project w/ a 454 in a late 60's camaro.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Were looking for sumthin that we can leave in partial interior (regular seats, but strid sound deadening and other things), and street it on occasion/weekends, but still lay down about 600hp, and 11's at the track.

Nitrous will probably be in the mix.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts