Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a bit of research and have concluded I want a Lapco bigshot barrel on my 98 custom, however they come in different sizes: .684 .687 .690

When using .68 caliber balls, what would be the best size barrel to buy?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Depends. Some people love overboring, some people (I'm in this group) like to underbore. Underboring will get the best efficiency, but fans of overboring believe it causes more barrel breaks. Even .684 wouldn't be an underbore for some paint now though.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
If you ask me .690 isn't even in the running anymore. I'd go .684 or .687 either will be fine they aren't overly large or small.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ill explain the differences since no one else bothered too. Every paintball is different, especially if you compare two from different manufacturers. Barrels are offered in various bores to accommodate inaccuracies in the production process. this allows the user to better match their barrel to a specific brand or batch of paintballs. If you have a caliper handy you can find exactly what size bore you should use.

Different barrel bores can also be used to compensate for humidity issues (paintballs swell when they are exposed to abnormally high humidity for too long. Don't believe me, get one wet and measure the before and after. It won't be much of a difference for a short exposure, but it will be there. Leave it in the water and it gets much bigger)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts