Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im finally joining the paintball community as a new player. I have always wanted to play but always spent money on other necessities.

I finally purchased a brand new Tippman A-5 with the following features:

* New Tippmann A5 Marker
* Cyclone Ammo Hopper
* A5 Flatline Barrel and Standard Barrel
* A5 WAS Board Egrip
* Tippmann A5 Double Trigger
* A5 Tactical Stock 6 position Adjustable Stock
* Micro Coiled Remote Line Quick Disconnect
* Padded Gun Case
* JT Elite Goggles with Anti Fog Lens and Visor
* Catalina 20 oz CO2 Tank with pin valve
* Aluminum Thread Protector for Tank
* Black 6+1 Deluxe Paintball Harness
* 6 - 140 Round Heavy Duty Pods
* Premium Empire 1oz Oil
* PhyscoBallistics Heavy Duty Jerk Squeegee
* Allen Wrenches
* Standard Gun Oil
* Tippmann Barrel Condom
* 2 Cleaning Cables for Flatline and for Standard
* Operators Manual
* Full One Year Warranty From Tippmann

In any event this I believe is a good beginners gun however in the future I plan to purchase something more professional like a DYE DM6.

A few questions I have that maybe someone can answer is:
What professional guns are out there that I can choose to buy in the future (DYE DM6, Angel speed 06, ETC). What is the pros and cons of them all?

With the current Tippman 1-5 that I have would it be smart to add a High Pressure tank? Does the gun internals support it? If so, should I buy a 3000PSI or 4500 PSI tank.

What choices of regulators do I have for a High Pressure System (screw recoil I want power 600-800psi)?

If I were to buy another barrell aside from the flatline that I have would you recommend J and J ceramics or a DYE boomstick. Other barrell suggestions are appreciated.

If theres anything else you guys think I should buy please suggest it. I am sorry for asking so much but hopefully some of you can sympathize for me a s a new player. I appreciate and thank everyone much in advance for information provided.

PS. I am a front runner and buy the best of the best no matter how much the cost!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
A-5s can run on High Pressure HPA as far as i know.. If you buy one I would suggest getting a 68ci/4500psi

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 68/4500 for mine and would suggest that you at least get this size, maybe bigger because the A5's are gas hogs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can someone explain this. I thought i didnt need an inline reg?

Dye Throttle 4500 Preset Air System

The pros are switching. Out with the crazy digi-tech-high-maintenance air systems. The in thing is presets. Our unique design of the Throttle Preset provides maximum unrestricted air flow at a constant output pressure, without all the hassles of fine tuning or changing a bad o-ring. Simply screw on the Throttle air system and you can be assured that you are playing with the most efficient, consistent and durable air system on the market. As with most preset systems, this regulated air system must be used in conjunction with a good in-line reg, such as our Hyper 2 Reg.

·
Registered
125 Posts
if you have the money get the boomstick, but the ceramic is a very good barrel also.

A-5 = High Presure Tank

68/4500 = a little more than a 20oz CO2 (A-5s are gas hogs!)

CP reg is a great reg, at a good price

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here we go again ^^^^^

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
but then again it is a burden to carry around on the field?

EDIT. And are there tank covers and harnesses that fit that size tank?

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you get a remote coil i Have a pod pack that i believe would be able to hold a 91ci tank. I can get you more info on that tomorrow when the place i got it from opens back up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Curtis if you click more info on that link you showed me it says it only holds up to 68ci tanks

The Recreational NX-SP41 Pak was designed specifically for the recreational player. Built with the body wrap design, the NX-SP41 wraps the body for maximum fit and comfort. This pak holds 4 pods and comes with adjustable air tank holder. Holds 9 to 20 oz. Co2 tanks as well as 45 to 68 cu compressed air tanks. Large surface area and simple access provides ease of use during play. Tubes not included.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts