Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.

I want to get a good, fairly inexpensive barrel for my Tippmann 98 Custom. I want this barrel to be in the $50-$75 range, or less of course. I want it to be as accurate as possible.

thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would say check the very well known auction site, b/c you can always find a good cheap deal on there
thumup:
I bought a new 10" dye boomstick on a very well known auction site for $50.00

·
Registered
3 Posts
Speaking of barrel's, I ordered a J&J Full tilt Ceramic 2-piece barrel. I'm waiting for it now, anyone had experience with this barrel? I read some reviews saying it was good and it's in his price range.

·
This Is Sparta!!!
1,824 Posts
i havent read about the 2-piece but decker definently go with the j and j ceramic, its less than 50, and after you chop, it will clean it out with the next couple of shots you take, theres not even a need for squeegieing with it, i love mine

·
Registered
201 Posts
get a cp one piece...the best barrel for the price in my opinion

·
Registered
32 Posts
J&J Ceramic S2 14" or 12" ftw! Those things are amazing for the price. The 14" is around $40-$45 and amazingly accurate, and the 12" is a bit cheaper and just as accurate, with just a little less range. With that 14" badboy on my tippy all I have to do is point and shoot thumup: and SPLAT!

·
Registered
201 Posts
a 14" barrel will make your paintballs go 2 inches further than a 12" barrel. so i really don't see how it has less range...a 14" barrel will use more air, too...i love my CP one piece. the inside of it is like a mirror...i have a 12" j&j ceramic butt i haven't had a chance to use it yet...My CP is amazing, though

·
Registered
32 Posts
WhiteLightning said:
a 14" barrel will make your paintballs go 2 inches further than a 12" barrel. so i really don't see how it has less range...a 14" barrel will use more air, too...
qft. the difference of two inches in barrel length makes a larger difference in range than only 2 inches... Just go and try it out with two barrels, one at 12" and the other at 14" and see how far each can go. I assure you it is more than a 2" difference in range. As to the 14" using more air, it may use more air, but the effect is minimal, with maybe a 10-20 shot difference between the two... The difference is so small to me that it was worth getting the 14", but hey, to each their own.

·
Registered
32 Posts
WhiteLightning said:
yep...2 inches further...
Like I said, go get a 12" and a 14" barrel of the same model, i.e. J&J S2, and see how far you can shoot with both. There is more than a 2" difference in range.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts