Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leak in my Tippmann 98 Custom, which is about four years old, and I was hoping you guys could help. First, let me just say I read other similar posts and solutions for leaks, but I still can't seem to fix mine.

So, the last time I played, the day ended with my gun just shooting CO2 straight out of the barrel. It only stopped when I disconnected the CO2, and it would start again if I reconnected it. So I took my gun apart (this is the first time I had taken it completely apart), down to the valve, even, and found that an O-ring on the valve had blown completely off. So I ordered replacement O-rings, enough for the entire gun, and replaced the bad O-ring. Once I put it back together, the big leak had stopped, but there was a small leak coming from inside the gun. Very small, and it still shoots, but the leak doesn't sound good. So I took everything apart again, this time replacing every O-ring in the gun, making sure they're all lubed properly, and the same small leak is still present. Do you guys have any idea what could be causing the leak? Did I hurt something by taking the gun completely? Did I put it together wrong? I was hoping I could still fix this somehow, because I'd rather not have to buy a new gun. And if the problem is something in the valve, I could buy a new valve from Tippmann, but I don't want to waste the money if you guys don't believe that's the problem. So thanks in advance, and hopefully you guys have a solution!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what happens if you cock the marker before you air it up? does the leak go away?
Hm, I'm trying to remember. I'm at college at the moment and don't have access to my gun. But I think if I cocked it, the leak went away, but after one shot, it started again. I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts