Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just went paintballing for the first time last night! It was a 12 hour scenario night match at NPF Blacksoil. Now, I had so much fun (though I'm still sore) that I'm going back. But I want to kit up properly next time, one of things i want is a laser unit. A few guys had them and they really helped, they even helped me! So, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the outer barrel dimension of a tippmann 98 custom, cause then I can make up a bracket for my torch, and if anyone can show me where to get a decent laser, a bracket for that as well. I need to know because I don't own a gun and therefore hire NPF's so the bracket will be a quick remove feature.

-R

·
815 Posts
here's what you od. take a piece of paper and wrap it around the outside of the barrel, then measure that.
See how genius this guy is?! :rolleyes:

But yes that will work and is probably the easiest way. And a laser, try to find a dealer that sells good ones on ebay or something is your best bet. I was into lasers and stuff but expensive as hell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply, my problem is I don't have easy access to the marker. If I did I would've just measured the O.D with verniers. I need someone to tell me the the outside diameter. Also, your method would give me a circumference. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thread closed

due to a lack of replies...i thought about it and figured out how to do it. I found an image of the 98custom on tippmann's website, and scaled the drawing up. The barrel O.D. is 21mm. Thread closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts