Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a Tippmann 98 Custom, 16' barrel, and i love speedball.
How much of a disadvantage do i have with the gun? Its heavy, really long, and doesnt shoot fast. However it pretty accuracte, not sure how far it shoots compared to other guns.
Should i even bother playing much speedball with it?

If not whats a good speedball entry level gun? Around 300$ is where i would like to start for my first.

And how good is the Vs3?

·
This Is Sparta!!!
1,824 Posts
So i have a Tippmann 98 Custom, 16' barrel, and i love speedball.
How much of a disadvantage do i have with the gun? Its heavy, really long, and doesnt shoot fast. However it pretty accuracte, not sure how far it shoots compared to other guns.
Should i even bother playing much speedball?
Yes

Probably not, as you said it is
heavy, really long, and doesnt shoot fast

If not whats a good speedball entry level gun? Around 300$ is where i would like to start for my first.
Is this including a tank (which probably will have to be an HPA tank for a decent quality marker), a mask, and a hopper?

And how good is the Vs3?
Not very, the VS2 is better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 300$ range does not include Hopper and mask, i am getting a Proflex or dye i3 Monday, and a Halo LCD hopper (probaly) for my Tippmann (I know the tippmann doesnt need the hopper but im invisiting in it now so i dont have to later, and might as well have a nice hopper on my Tippmann) I only have co2 tanks so ill need to get new tanks.

Even though its not an ideal gun to play with, wont it still be fun and i still have a chance to get kills right? =)

Would you recommend a different hopper other than Halo 1? (nothing more than 50$)

So ya any recommendations on a Gun with tank for around 300?

Might as well ask, what do you prefer dye i3 or proflex?

·
This Is Sparta!!!
1,824 Posts
Depending on how well you can maintain a gun, I might go as far as to recommend a used PMR and a used HPA tank, which I'm sure you could find for under or around $300.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ion xe

I would go with the Ion xe for the price its an unbelievable gun thats what im shooting with all the upgrades such as qev drop forward fire bolt getting a new regulator and virtue board soon but ... i would say for 225 you cant beat smart parts price/quality

·
Registered
101 Posts
you cant beat smart parts price/quality
i must agree with you on the price.. but quality of smart parts markers are diminishing after their release of the Ion, cheap composite plastic parts and prone to leaking is not an idle marker that is very attractive to more seasoned players, its marketing is towards 13-16 yr olds who are easily swayed by BPS and false advertisment, in all honestly ions can be great markers , only after you spill in another 100+$ to make them decent, id rather buy a used 05 timmy or DP Fusion for 250-300.

I also dont see anything wrong with using a 98 for speedball, i used to use my a5 and it wasnt an issue. A lot of my friends still us 98s even if we're playing speedball, its not the marker but the player.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Agreed. The 98 certainly isn't the best for speedball, but it is serviceable especially as a back player. That way you can play its accuracy and length, and not worry about getting out so much paint.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
Agreed. The 98 certainly isn't the best for speedball, but it is serviceable especially as a back player. That way you can play its accuracy and length, and not worry about getting out so much paint.
but a back players job is to spit out as much paint as possible. and once again, it's not more accurate than any other marker; you need to stop saying that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hell, that guy said his was accurate. I'm going off that maybe he has decent mods and good aim. And whenever I play back (very rare, I live far from a field so I'm not too experienced in speedball so sorry) I try to take more accurate shots.

·
This Is Sparta!!!
1,824 Posts
Paintballs aren't accurate projectiles by nature, and paintball guns aren't accurate period. Accuracy depends on how well you match the caliber of the ball to the bore size of the barrel.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sadly, true. The man who develops a ballistic paintball will be a millionaire. So study hard, kids.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know its more of a dream thing.... let you know if I get any bright ideas.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I gotta say i really do like my Tippmann, the 16' sniper barrel helped its accuracy a lot and its durable as hell. It just lacks speed and its really heavy which is a big deal to me.

As far as my next gun ive got another thread about that, but im hearing a lot of bad things about the Ion Xe, so im leaning towards the PMR at the moment, going to look at other guns as well though. Gunna save up 2 paychecks and get my new gun/tank soon.

Thanks for all the advice/tips/opinions etc. on this subject.

What question was there for me Nickxjones? =D

Oh and should i really play backfield with it? I was thinking mid would be better, since back spews out shots, front would be better with a lighter/faster gun, mid seems to fit. But what do i know im a noob at the moment, lol.

BtW I do use good quality paint, and am a good shooter. However im not fat but im out of shape so once i get more limber im going to be jumping, diving, and bending all over that field haha.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Again, I'm a noob at speedball. I'll try mid next time though :p What kinda mods you have on you 98 that you're willing to sell?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a 16" Sniper Barrel, but i love it. I shoot with the stock barrel and my balls sway all over the place, don't go very far, and basically just suck. I put the barrel on and its 100x better.

If you dont have a barrel I can sell you mine when i get my new gun (probably pmr).

·
Registered
92 Posts
No i'm getting a 16" razzor soon but i'll probly upgrade after that :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts