Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm trying to figure out a way to run my 98 custom at the lowest pressure possible. I want to get around 70 FPS at the lowest and 120 FPS at the highest (adjustable in between). Is this possible with the stock regulator thing? I've heard it only goes down to 100 FPS or so. Could I do this with a regulated HPA system?
The reason I ask is because the college I go to doesn't allow airsoft guns, and I want to make a removeable system for my 98c so I can use it as an airsoft DMR or sniper rifle when I don't have enough extra organs to sell on the black market to buy paintballs (I still want to play paintball so I can't change the insides too much.) I shouls be fine with a paintball gun modded to fire AS BBs since it looks like a paintball gun and not an m16 or something. 70-120 FPS should bring me within the FPS limits for snipers when shooting a .2g BB.
I should also mention I would love to do this for very little $$, no $100 low pressure kits if possible.
Thanks in advance!
btw: If all you have to say is "airsoft sucks," don't post. I play both and I love both, I just don't have the money to play paintball.

·
Most Likely to Get Gogged
151 Posts
I'd say it's understandable. At least you're not the guy that just stuck an airsoft barrel on a stock Tippmann A-5 to turn it into a weapon.
I'm sure someone here can help you out. You'll just have to wait a few hours/days.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
You can get an adjustable compressed air regulator. The problem I can think of, is if you get it that low, the marker may not have enough pressure to operate. I am not very knowledgable with tippmanns though, so I can't really help any. Sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
hmm, if I can't operate the marker reliably at that low of a PSI I can probably engineer a relief system in the firing mech so not all of the gas gets to the BB, mb a ported chamber or barrel.
EDIT: forgot to say, thanks for the replys so far.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The problem I can think of, is if you get it that low, the marker may not have enough pressure to operate.
This is correct, the pressure will be too low you will not have enough blowback to recock the marker, possibly not enough to fire it effectively at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts