Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Mexican Spartan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Paintball Forum,

I'm currently modding my Tippmann 98, but because it was in the garage for so long without use and kids playing with the cocking handle, some parts broke. Like the little rubber thing that sits in the grip right behind the barrel to stop the balls, is broken and it was so brittle it snapped in half, so I need a new one. And they made the spring really loose, so I need a new one too.

So the thing is that I need to get another spring and a little rubber thing, but I can't find those in the InterwebZ, so I'm asking for your help forum.

Thanks
Alex​

·
Banned
14,001 Posts

·
The Mexican Spartan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, I knew that.
I was just wondering what would get the velocity higher, but if the limit is 300, then there is not much I can do then.

So what does the spring do? I know that the stronger the spring, the faster it sends the piston back and the harder it hits the ball, and the softer the spring, the slower it moves and it hits the ball a lot softer.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Springs directly impact velocity
It's the spring that drives the hammer that hits the valve to open it. The stronger the spring, the harder it hits the valve to let more air in, and softer springs hit with less force so the valve doesn't stay open as long.

Spring kits are there so you can tune your spring strength to get just enough power to open the valve far enough to reach 300 fps or less (I like shooting around 270 to 280 myself) without keeping the valve open so long that you start letting excess gas pass though, decreasing efficiency

·
The Mexican Spartan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Springs directly impact velocity
It's the spring that drives the hammer that hits the valve to open it. The stronger the spring, the harder it hits the valve to let more air in, and softer springs hit with less force so the valve doesn't stay open as long.

Spring kits are there so you can tune your spring strength to get just enough power to open the valve far enough to reach 300 fps or less (I like shooting around 270 to 280 myself) without keeping the valve open so long that you start letting excess gas pass though, decreasing efficiency
So I will just buy the simple 3 spring set and test each one. I want to do a Ruger 10/22 mod with the 98, so that is why I wanted a stronger spring so it shoots the ball farther.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
if you are already shooting at close to 300 you can not shoot any further and neither can anyone else. distance is proportional to exit velocity and because you can not go higher than 300 that means you can not shoot further than you already are. max range in paintball is vastly considered 150ft

·
The Mexican Spartan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you are already shooting at close to 300 you can not shoot any further and neither can anyone else. distance is proportional to exit velocity and because you can not go higher than 300 that means you can not shoot further than you already are. max range in paintball is vastly considered 150ft
Thanks for clarifying this for me, man. I will just do like I said, buy a simple spring kit and be on the high 200s and not go past the 300.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts