Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My tippmann 98 custom will not stop firing when I shoot it. It doesn't shoot anything except the first shot, it just goes auto and I have to take the CO2 out (quickly) to end the madness. Does anyone know whats wrong with it? One of the O rings had broken which was the start of the problem, so I replaced it with a tippmann o ring but still the problem persists. Anyone have any ideas? I did silicone it with airsoft silicone but maybe not enough? Any insight on this problem is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tippmann 98 won't stop firing still tank is removed, help?

Hello all,

My tippmann 98 custom will not stop firing when I shoot it. It doesn't shoot anything except the first shot, it just goes auto and I have to take the CO2 out (quickly) to end the madness. Does anyone know whats wrong with it? One of the O rings had broken which was the start of the problem, so I replaced it with a tippmann o ring but still the problem persists. Anyone have any ideas? I did silicone it with airsoft silicone but maybe not enough? Any insight on this problem is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Could be a few simple things right off the bat

1) Low on CO2 and there isn't enough pressure to fully cycle and recock the marker
2) Worn out sear/sear spring
3 Dirty

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
ya but "checking" does not mean all the o-rings are good, most o-rings need to be replaced before there are any visible signs of of problems. they either seal or they do not and looking at them will not tell you one way or the other (unless it is broken i suppose)

hammer is inside the marker, you have to open the marker up to get to it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts