Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gun is leaking co2,and I think it's from the top of the airline,where (I think) it connects to the valve.
I disassembled my gun and checked/lubed everything several times,but I still have the problem.Do I need to buy a new valve or airline?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've taken it apart about 4 times in the last couple of days and I didn't notice a crack I can check again later though.
I double checked, it's not cracked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, there's no tape, I never took the airline off so it hasn't been taken of or reattached.

Do I just wrap the tape around where the line connects to the power tube?

·
Registered
74 Posts
you did not remove it it shouldn't be leaking, this may sound dumb but alot of times a tippmann will sound like it is leaking if you do not cock it before screwing in co2 or hpa.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I always cock it before screwing the co2 in.
It doesn't sound like a really strong rush of air and the marker doesn't get cold and also it fires okay

I haven't used it in a month or two,and that was when I first got it so I really don't remember but I'm pretty sure it didn't make any noise at all before.
I bought it refurbed off ebay, but like I said it worked fine when I received it.

Could the valve be messed up?

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
it could be several things

The most likely one is that the cup seal in the valve has dried out. Simply take the tank off put a little oil in the ASA, air the gun up and fire a few shots with out any paint in the gun and see if that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well the same thing was happening to me i have a 98 Custom Platnium any way i saw this thread today and then later i connected my Co2 tank to my gun and i could hear there was a air leak and i held it up to my ear and i found it it was at the top of the air hose so i tightened it with some pliers is that whats happening to your gun??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well the same thing was happening to me i have a 98 Custom Platnium any way i saw this thread today and then later i connected my Co2 tank to my gun and i could hear there was a air leak and i held it up to my ear and i found it it was at the top of the air hose so i tightened it with some pliers is that whats happening to your gun??
i second that as well. When i first bought my 98, the hose kept untightening itself from the frame so i had to use pliers to get it really in there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay the leak is definitely coming from the powertube or valve, and not the air hose.I think it's probably the valve though.

How can I remove the valve from the powertube?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts